Anyone else a Tesla investor?

I hope to become one of those Teslanaires. Could happen by the end of next year. Wouldn't that be grand! I'll become a millionaire when Tesla hits $2000/SH.

I am not smart enough to really know the ins and outs of adding them to the index. I see that the Tesla Motors Club forum thread is VERY active today (the investors thread). There are quite a few people that have limit orders in for $1500-$2000, though :cool:

That would be some squeeze! I suspect the index fund managers are experienced enough to avoid a squeeze like that. But perhaps the additional shares needed by funds benchmarked to the index will soften the potential pullback next week.

Well I am keeping my shares - but they are probably the prime candidate next time I need to cash out something.

I expect the Robinhood kids to jump in with both hands buying Monday in order to grab anything left of the S&P entry rally. Then later on the pros will start cashing out to drive the price down.

Tesla shares trying to surpass $700/SH mark as investors anticipate Q4 deliveries announcement next week more than likely.

Tesla shares trying to surpass $700/SH mark as investors anticipate Q4 deliveries announcement next week more than likely.

I expect the Tesla Production and Delivery report to be released before the market opens on Monday. I'm very confident it will show record production and sales. We get the earnings report around January 21st and that should show break all the old earnings records as well!

Tesla has been running like a well-oiled machine so I'm glad I've been holding onto almost all my shares through all this. Tesla still has at least 7-10 years of strong growth left because this move away from legacy combustion engines is just getting started.

I've been retired for over 20 years but TSLA has added immensely to my "play fund". I hope they keep innovating at a record pace.

Probably quite a few.
Anyone who spent $7500 on TSLA at IPO (8-10 years ago) would have $1,000,000 in TSLA today (as long as they held).

I know a bunch of Teslanaires (pretty much anybody who listened to me last year when I was buying like crazy). I got a pretty chilly reception when I spoke well of Tesla on this forum so I left. People basically said I didn't know what I was talking about, they implied Musk was a fraudster (seriously, what kind of fraudster sends rockets, and now astronauts, into space and then re-lands the booster rocket on a launch pad?). People here disparaged the very idea that an EV could possibly be better for most people than what they are accustomed to.

I wanted to buy Tesla at the IPO in 2010 but, as a disciplined investor I refrained, it was too risky for me. I watched it closely for 7 years with my finger on the buy button but the risks were still too great for me. Had I bought in at the IPO in 2010 at $17/share my money would have multiplied over 200-fold. Every $5K would now be worth over a million dollars.

In 2018 my wife bought a Model 3 she had been waiting over two years for. This was the best car purchase we have ever made because, not only was it the best car we had ever driven, it informed me that most of what I was reading on the Internet about Tesla and TSLA was false. It was at this time I took a small position in TSLA, a token position at $55/share (split-adjusted). I was still reading a lot of scary stuff about TSLA and didn't want to risk a lot of money.

By driving my wife's Model 3 I learned that Tesla's are really good cars, so good I had to order one for myself a few months later. Even though her lowly RWD long-range was mind-boggling fast, faster than most V-8's, I had to try the AWD Performance Model 3. It wasn't cheap and we are not accustomed to spending more than $60,000 on a simple car, but I justified it on the fact that we had refrained from buying the $100,000 Model S for 6 years.

At this point I still considered TSLA to be a somewhat risky investment and the analysts were calling it wildly over-valued so I refrained from adding to my position even though my new Performance Model 3 was simply mind-boggling with it's silent speed and agility. I spent many hours driving it on the most rural roads I could find. I beat it as hard as I could and it still looked and drove better than any car I had previously owned. Even after 2 1/2 years neither car has needed a lick of service and our electric bill barely budged upward (but our credit card bill shrank dramatically since we were no longer visiting gas stations with two gas cars).

In short, my opinion of Tesla was growing rapidly while everything I read online about TSLA was negative. I wondered what was causing this disparity. So I dug more deeply and learned Tesla was a threat, not only to legacy car-makers and private auto dealerships, but also to oil and gas interests, pipeline operators, gas station chains, auto parts suppliers and auto parts stores (electric cars don't need oil, filters, spark plugs, alternators, water pumps, etc.).

The people who felt threatened had formed a broad disinformation campaign to make Tesla cars seem shoddy and unreliable and inconvenient. They were actively trying to dissuade people from buying the cars hoping this would bankrupt Tesla. It was then that I realized this was a great investment opportunity. Whenever there is a large disparity between public perception and actual reality there is money to be made.

Tesla stock was too cheap! By this time it had dropped under $55/share (split adjusted) so I bought some more. I wanted to load up at that price but I didn't know how low it would go so I exercised restraint. Every time it got cheaper I would buy more. Finally, I couldn't believe it, $TSLAQ FUD had pushed it all the way down to below $37/share in June 2019. At that point I went all in with almost half of my retirement portfolio. I was like a kid in a candy store and it didn't even feel risky because I had done my homework. Given everything I knew, I felt it would be stupid NOT to buy as much as I could afford. The $TSLAQ disinformation campaign had given me the deal of the century!

I started to spread the word, patiently explaining why it was such a good long-term investment and that people should buy as much as they felt comfortable with and hold it tightly for the next 5-10 years. I explained it would likely be volatile but it would go higher than they could imagine. I explained they shouldn't sell it when it looked over-valued because it would go higher than seemed plausible (the business opportunity is absolutely larger than most people can wrap their heads around as Tesla is not just an automaker).

Most of the people who listened to me are already Teslanaires. I tried to share this valuable knowledge here on the Early-retirement forum but was dismissed as a gambler, TSLA is too risky, Tesla cars are too junky and unreliable, too much competition, charging is difficult, the company will probably go bankrupt, Elon Musk is a fraudster, etc. There was quite a bit of push-back and, after trying to share what I knew and being dismissed, I left.

But people elsewhere listened and acted. I now know more millionaires than I could have dreamed of. The vast majority of these people started out very modestly with $10K-$80K. TSLA has appreciated over 19X since I made my large buy back in June of 2019 and 10X since it's March 2020 COVID-induced lows when I tried to spread the word here.

I cannot predict the short-term price movements which is why I always advise to buy/hold for the long-term. TSLA is at the very beginning of the biggest part of it's growth curve and yet people are still saying "but, but, the competition" or "but it's 'over-valued'" LOL!:facepalm:

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2021 brings peace, love, prosperity and plenty of healthy, clean air to breathe!

Last edited:
Looking forward to this week now that Tesla came out with production numbers and surpassed the 500,000 goal. Should be interesting. The price should go up some with this news. Earnings report for Q4 is slated for Feb. 3, 2021. Looks like we could see significant rise in price over the next four weeks.

Looking forward to this week now that Tesla came out with production numbers and surpassed the 500,000 goal. Should be interesting. The price should go up some with this news. Earnings report for Q4 is slated for Feb. 3, 2021. Looks like we could see significant rise in price over the next four weeks.

It's basically impossible to call share price moves in advance with any consistency except for special situations. IMO, this is not one of them.

However, I'm fully invested in TSLA for the much better than average growth I expect over the next 5-10 years so the near term moves hardly concern me. If I were not invested, knowing what I know now, I would probably buy because time in the market beats trying to time the market.

I expect the Robinhood kids to jump in with both hands buying Monday in order to grab anything left of the S&P entry rally. Then later on the pros will start cashing out to drive the price down.

Well, that didn't age very well! It looks to me like the buyers are big ETF's and mutual funds who have found themselves underweight TSLA.

Anyone else getting in on this run? TSLA trying to breech $800/share. That's the equivalent of $4000/share pre-split. My shares are up over 20X from my purchases in June 2019.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom