Baseball 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
More rule changes in the works for next year :LOL:.

Major League Baseball on Wednesday announced even more changes are coming to baseball next season that aim to speed up gameplay and keep fans interested in America's favorite pastime. The new rules build off notable changes to the game that were introduced last year, including a pitch clock, which gave pitchers a limited amount of time to throw the next ball.

Changes include an even shorter pitch clock, a wider lane for runners going to first base, and more rules affecting pitchers.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mlb-rule-changes-2024-what-to-know-pitch-clock/

With all this need for speed, why not just play 7 inning games instead of risk blowing out pitchers' arms by making them throw faster?

Between-inning breaks used to be shorter. Removing one 30-second commercial before each half inning would save almost 20 minutes. Ain't gonna happen until after viewership goes down more, and maybe not even then.

Fun baseball 2023 update. Not only will I be coaching my son again this year as he progresses into kids pitch baseball, but I was also voted onto the board for the local school districts baseball association.

It's unpaid but I am helping make baseball a reality for kids and that brings me joy.

No. It needs to be a uniformly applied rule.

Yes!

One problem with baseball is the players are not allowed to "play" the game using their instincts and talents. They are programmed by analytics and coached on the micro nuances of what the spreadsheet says they should do in a particular ball/strike count against a particular player in a particular situation. Let the players play the game without informational overload.

As you say, players will adjust or they won't.

Have to agree with that. Have a friend who was a pitching coach in the 90’s for a MLB team, it’s always a topic of discussion

More rule changes in the works for next year :LOL:.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mlb-rule-changes-2024-what-to-know-pitch-clock/

With all this need for speed, why not just play 7 inning games instead of risk blowing out pitchers' arms by making them throw faster?

In case you didn't happen to read the article or know about the rule to the pitch clock, the rule change is that pitchers will "only" have 18 seconds to pitch to a batter with runners on base whereas previously it was a massive 20 seconds.

I think the pitchers will survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom