Baseball 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to go out on a limb and predict the winner of tonight's game? Will the Rangers win tonight and become the WS champs, or will there be a game 6 and maybe even 7?

OK, I'm going to say the DBacks will win tonight and the Rangers will win game 6 when they come back to play in Dallas.

How's that for a WAG! :LOL:

Anyone want to go out on a limb and predict the winner of tonight's game? Will the Rangers win tonight and become the WS champs, or will there be a game 6 and maybe even 7?

OK, I'm going to say the DBacks will win tonight and the Rangers will win game 6 when they come back to play in Dallas.

How's that for a WAG! :LOL:

Always better to win at home! I agree.

I think Rangers have an edge in starting pitching tonight but we will see.

Bush 43 predicted Rangers in 5 when he threw out the first ball.

I think Rangers have an edge in starting pitching tonight but we will see.

Bush 43 predicted Rangers in 5 when he threw out the first ball.
Glad you didn't say Bush 41 had made that prediction. :LOL: Maybe 43 is right. Anyway, it's about as good as my guess "at this point anyway".

OTOH, Maybe Bush is still privy to insider info. ;)

Last edited:
I’ll predict the Rangers win. They get a pitching gem from Eovaldi. They score just enough. The bullpen makes it a sweaty palm night but holds on.

Glad you didn't say Bush 41 had made that prediction. [emoji23] Maybe 43 is right. Anyway, it's about as good as my guess "at this point anyway".

OTOH, Maybe Bush is still privy to insider info. ;)
I may have misunremembered it.

I’ll predict the Rangers win. They get a pitching gem from Eovaldi. They score just enough. The bullpen makes it a sweaty palm night but holds on.

Tomorrow I start making stock market predictions.

Yay Rangers!!! I can’t believe it!

Well I thought for sure the D-Backs would be on the top of their game tonight. Maybe there were since it took to the ninth inning for Texas to blow this one open. I'm glad they won tonight but would have liked to have seen the final game and win at home.

Congratulations to the Rangers for their first franchise WS Championship.:dance:

Last edited:
Well it was a very long wait since Dick Bosman pitched in the opener in the Rangers' first season (per my memory).

Many great memories including catching what is believed to to the only existing homerun ball autographed by Rich Billings.

Congrats to the Rangers and thanks for the memories!

Zac Gallen takes a no hitter into the 7th inning. Diamondbacks are 0 for 9 with runners in scoring position. Eovaldi bends but doesn't break. The Rangers destroy the D-Backs closer, Paul Sewald by scoring four runs in the 9th inning and win Game 5 by a score of 5-0, and thus win the 2023 World Series, their first ever world championship.

Throughout the series, except for Game 2, the Rangers got the hits and Diamondbacks did not.

Congratulations to the World Champion Texas Rangers!

Glad to see a Texas team win! Maybe the Cowboys will be the next Super Bowl Champion this year. I'm giving up on the Texans. :)

Glad to see a Texas team win! Maybe the Cowboys will be the next Super Bowl Champion this year. I'm giving up on the Texans. :)

The Eagles may have something to say about who the next Super Bowl Champion may be!

You are a wise man!

Grew up in MN but have lived in the DFW area for about 32 years. So I'm both a Twins fan and Rangers fan. I enjoyed the Twins wins back in '87 and '91....and an "almost win (1 strike from winning the series but lost)" for the Rangers in 2011. So that "almost win" makes this year's win even more special for Ranger's fans!

Arizona did what the Astros did the last few games:

Just went stale and couldn't get any sparks of momentum going. In other words, they couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a shovel..:D

Arizona did what the Astros did the last few games:

Just went stale and couldn't get any sparks of momentum going. In other words, they couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a shovel..:D

Yup. Or as they say in your neck of the woods, they couldn't pour water out of a boot with the instructions on the heel.

...Arizona left nine men on base through five innings and went 0 for 9 with runners in scoring position. ...

Zac Gallen takes a no hitter into the 7th inning. Diamondbacks are 0 for 9 with runners in scoring position. Eovaldi bends but doesn't break. The Rangers destroy the D-Backs closer, Paul Sewald by scoring four runs in the 9th inning and win Game 5 by a score of 5-0, and thus win the 2023 World Series, their first ever world championship.

Throughout the series, except for Game 2, the Rangers got the hits and Diamondbacks did not.

Congratulations to the World Champion Texas Rangers!
Good summary. Can't wait to see how the Diamondbacks will do next year!

I usually watch the WS, but this year I just watched bits and pieces. I guess I wasn't the only one.

Per ESPN:
The Texas Rangers 5-0 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks for their first championship on Wednesday night drew the largest audience of this World Series. However, it was not enough to prevent the five-game series from being the least-watched Fall Classic in recorded TV history.

Baseball and network executives figured this year's series might face a tough audience because of two teams that don't have much national appeal. The expanded playoffs also meant it was a series matching the teams with the seventh- and 11th-best records.

Good summary. Can't wait to see how the Diamondbacks will do next year!

Talented core of young position players (Carroll, Perdomo, Thomas, Moreno) with valuable playoff experience, a couple of key veterans still under contract (Marte, Walker), three very good to excellent starters (Gallen, Kelly, Pfaadt) and a very good bullpen.

Their needs are a third baseman with some power and at least one more quality starting pitcher. If they don't sign Lourdes Gurriel and/or Tommy Pham they will need to get another right-handed batting outfielder.

I expect the D-Backs to be a playoff team for years to come. Like you, looking forward to it.

I usually watch the WS, but this year I just watched bits and pieces. I guess I wasn't the only one.

Per ESPN:

Baseball and network executives figured this year's series might face a tough audience because of two teams that don't have much national appeal. The expanded playoffs also meant it was a series matching the teams with the seventh- and 11th-best records.

Translation: The teams involved were not from big market areas like New York, L.A. or Chicago so the built-in fan base was not large enough to be a decent TV audience.

Translation: The teams involved were not from big market areas like New York, L.A. or Chicago so the built-in fan base was not large enough to be a decent TV audience.
Further translation: I watched the World Series in 2019 (my local team the Nationals) and this year.

Otherwise not since the 1980s. So it works for me.

And though the Rangers were a wild card team, they spanked all of those "better" teams in a very convincing manner. This may have been another problem: the teams the Rangers played were not competitive with them, outside of the Astros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom