Bell Ringers

The second observation was the people I thought gave were people that may not have financial portfolios. The people I seen drive up with expensive cars etc. didn't seem to donate to the cause.

One potential view: some of those who may not look like they have financial portfolios may be well off and LBYM, and some who look expensive might be doing it for show and are living way above there means. :)

I always greet and acknowledge the kettle givers. I rarely give as many times I do not have cash on me. I do give to SA online - this was one of my mothers big charities as they helped in the country she was born in and still has relatives there who they have helped. We direct some of our donations back to that country in her memory.

I recall volunteering to be a bell ringer many, many years ago when I was active in the Jaycees... probably 30 years ago.

I usually don't put money in the kettles but the Salvation Army is on our regular list for donations... a list that it seems that once one is on it is hard to get off because of my indecisiveness in culling the list.

One potential view: some of those who may not look like they have financial portfolios may be well off and LBYM, and some who look expensive might be doing it for show and are living way above there means. :)
I always greet and acknowledge the kettle givers. I rarely give as many times I do not have cash on me. I do give to SA online - this was one of my mothers big charities as they helped in the country she was born in and still has relatives there who they have helped. We direct some of our donations back to that country in her memory.
Yes, that is most likely the case.
It was very enjoyable and time well spent for me. It made me think how blessed and grateful I really am. The dollars coming in all over this country will be used for people that are in need for services.

Last edited by a moderator:
EastWest Gal >>> I like that a lot! Lol
For me, I have to work hard and really out of my comfort zone to be front and center. It is just not me, so even being a bell ringer is over my comfort zone. Lol I would guess most people wouldn't know that of me but I really work hard in the social world. Dancing would be an attraction for sure but for me I just couldn't do that. I bet acts like that would do wonders for giving.
Thanks for sharing that clip.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom