Best Blog Hosting site?

EddieG

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hi,

The wife and I want to start a blog / weblog / travlog , whatever.
Mainly for posting or linking to pix, video and diary of travels, life in general, favorite links, etc. A way to meet others with similar interests would be great.

My kids use myspace and facebook. No offense, but they seem to be a a lot about who has the most "friends".
We are looking for something with a cleaner, easy to use interface. A slideshow option would be good.
We would also like to set it up as a couple, instead of just one individual.
Any ideas on a good site? VOX, Livejournal, others, etc.

Thanks

I use blogger - no complaints, heard good things about Wordpress

I use blogger - no complaints, heard good things about Wordpress

Just checked out your blog Dantien.

Putin%20Rules.jpg

I had no idea Putin was so hot! Maybe I have to go back to my Ludmila avatar.

(Sorry for the off topic)

I use the blog facility off of MSN Messenger. It works fine for me. My tolerence level for learning is that if I can't figure it out in 1/2 hour I abandon it. I used this one because I signed up for hotmail account and saw that they had a free blog facility. I did zero checking around. ... for what it's worth.

I use blogger for my book blog and have found it does most everything that I'd like it to do. I've seen a whole lot of people, however, switching to wordpress from blogger in the last few months. Makes me wonder.

I use blogger for my book blog and have found it does most everything that I'd like it to do. I've seen a whole lot of people, however, switching to wordpress from blogger in the last few months. Makes me wonder.
Me too, but I stop thinking of switching over when I think of the effort it might take.

Blogspot worked fine for me.

However, I really don't like the general organization of most blogs (including mine). That is, you read each post from top to bottom, but the newer posts are at the top. If you want to read the entire thing, you start at the last post, read down, then skip up to the start of the next post, then read down. Is that silly, or what?

I would prefer something that is just like a book, or like the posts in a thread on this forum. You start at the top and read down. It's chronological. If you want to see the most recent entry, you scroll to the bottom.

The reason

is recurrent visitors want to see what is new, not see the first post endlessly.

Back
Top Bottom