Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2022 - Please post updates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 401k plan administrator recently posted the 3rd qt dividend payment for the fixed income/common assets portion of my account... It's on track for a 7% rate of return this year. Heck, not counting taxes, that "almost" keeps me up with inflation.

This US Bank bonus offer requires 2 direct deposits for a $300 or $500 cash bonus-

https://www.usbank.com/splash/check...820&referral=commissionjunction&ecid=AF_42839

Started the application for DH since we will be using his pension direct deposit and before I finished there was an option to make it a joint account, so we did that.

You can fund the account opening by giving US Bank your logon and password to another bank account (not real comfortable with that) or with a credit or debit card. I used a debit card. A credit card may view this as a cash advance.

Last edited:
It's been 2 weeks, time for American Express Savings Bank to change the interest rate on their high yield savings account. Effective 10/20 it is 2.25% up from 2.0% on 10/6.

CD rates are increased as well for the 12-, 24-, and 60-month CDs to 3.0/3.05/3.10%. Other terms are in the 1.0-1.25% range.

- Rita

5-year callable 5.0%

Attachments

• a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 87
My dormant US Senate account just sent out a 20 month certificate @ 4.6% offer.

Schwab now has 5 yr CD's for 4.75% (non callable).... 3 and 4 yr are available at 4.7%.

Juno just increased it's rate to 5% for upto $10k and then 3% for over $10k to $250k, no string attached, starting on 10/19/22.

Although I just dumped a bunch of money into Ally's new bonus offer, I just noticed today that Poppy Bank here in California is the first brick and mortar I've seen so far locally to offer 4% for either a 6, 9 or 12 month CD. Be interesting to see what it's at in a few months when I have $100k available again.
https://www.poppy.bank/personal#cds

The Texas based B&M banks that have historically (5+yrs ago) had some of the highest paying CD rates that I could find anywhere, are not paying half of what I can get buying brokered CD's today. In the past they would always beat brokered CD's. Something sure has changed.

The Texas based B&M banks that have historically (5+yrs ago) had some of the highest paying CD rates that I could find anywhere, are not paying half of what I can get buying brokered CD's today. In the past they would always beat brokered CD's. Something sure has changed.

I suspect it’s temporary.

I logged into Vanguard today and there was a pop up that you can now choose Vanguard Cash Deposit as your settlement fund and it is FDIC-insured. Current rate is 2.1%. That's not nearly as good as the current 2.87% yield on the VMFXX money market fund that is typically the settlement fund but if you care about the FDIC coverage and want to keep your cash in your Vanguard account it's a new option.

If VMFXX holds only short-term Federal govt paper, which I believe it does because F stands for Federal, then it is just as good as FDIC if not better.

If VMFXX holds only short-term Federal govt paper, which I believe it does because F stands for Federal, then it is just as good as FDIC if not better.
I certainly see no reason to switch from VMFXX but there are some out there who only want FDIC-insured stuff.

From Vanguard regarding VMFXX:
The fund invests at least 99.5% of its total assets in cash, U.S. government securities, and/or repurchase agreements that are collateralized solely by U.S. government securities or cash (collectively, government securities).

Just picked up 5 year (ok, 4 year 11 month) non-callable CD in secondary market for 5.18% YTM.

Had call dates on 9/16/2017 and 9/16/2022, no longer callable through maturity.

Just picked up 5 year (ok, 4 year 11 month) non-callable CD in secondary market for 5.18% YTM.

Had call dates on 9/16/2017 and 9/16/2022, no longer callable through maturity.
Care to share the cusip or name of the issuer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom