Best stops for gas along I-10 from El Paso to Dallas?

Disappointed

Recycles dryer sheets
For those that have favorite gas stations or truck stops, please list them?

Thanks.

For those that have favorite gas stations or truck stops, please list them?

Thanks.
The two routes split at Kent, before them you have towns at Sierra Blana, and Van Horn then, on I 20 there is Pecos and in about 100 miles Odessa, Midland, Big Spring, Sweetwater, Abilene, Cisco Eastland, Weatherford and Fort Worth. It is about 130 miles to the split from El Paso and about 440 mi to Fort Worth from the split.

I don't have a favorite gas station because they are all the same to me. But I like to stop in Midland when traveling to Abilene at Christmas because there is a Starbucks and KD BBQ (near a gas station) just off the interstate. The Hog Pit on the other side of town is better but has limited hours of operation and is usually closed when I am traveling during the holidays.

Last edited:
Sweetwater has all the fast food on the service drives of I 20 (along with a variety of gas). Big Spring does not have much along the freeway, and in Abline you need to go south on us 23 for food options.

We used to find good prices at Pilot. But I don’t know if they are still a good deal.

We use gas buddy to find good prices along a route.

I fill up when we stop for a bathroom or snack break, usually at McD's because they are handy, fast, often clean enough and numerous.

Otherwise I fill when at 1/2 a tank if approaching a big city (don't want to run out of gas in a multi-hour traffic jam).
If it's daytime, and open road I'll let the tank go down to 1/4 tank before I fill up.

Unfortunately, there isn't a Buc-ee's until you get to Dallas. Clean restrooms. No doors to touch. Cheap ice. Nice snacks and drinks.

Back
Top Bottom