Black Friday 2022 deals

Roku via Roku Channel is offering select 2-Month Premium Channel Subscription (Black Friday Deals) on sale from $0.99/Month listed below.
Great links, thanks. Now that Doc Martin has ended it’s a great time to subscribe to Acorn for 2 months and watch the episodes we haven’t yet seen.

I bought his and her Google Pixel 6a Android cellphones for $299 each from Best Buy. I really like the phone. Transition is too easy... plug the 6a with my old Moto G7 Play and everything get transferred.

I bought his and her Google Pixel 6a Android cellphones for $299 each from Best Buy. I really like the phone. Transition is too easy... plug the 6a with my old Moto G7 Play and everything get transferred.

You will love your Pixel 6a's. Many things will impress you but the upgrade in camera is going to astound you.

Last night I snagged a KitchenAid Artisan 5 quart stand mixer for &258.74 plus tax but with free shipping. This deal was from Bed Bath & Beyond. I have wanted one for a long time but I have not seen one this cheap. It is supposed to deliver tomorrow. That was a sweet deal!

I paid the $1.99 for one month non-refundable of Acorn TV, and tested to see if I could access the app from our Fire TV device. I haven’t found a way. There are multiple web pages that say it can be done, but the Roku support forums don’t support that.

On our second TV we do use a Roku and it loaded the “Acorn for the Roku Channel” automatically, but we don’t use that tv much. I’ll cancel the Acorn. The loss of $2 is painful and I will revisit FIRECalc this weekend.

I’m not surprised but am a little disappointed. Maybe Acorn will offer a holiday special.

Roku via Roku Channel is offering select 2-Month Premium Channel Subscription (Black Friday Deals) on sale from $0.99/Month listed below.

I paid the $1.99 for one month non-refundable of Acorn TV, and tested to see if I could access the app from our Fire TV device. I haven’t found a way. There are multiple web pages that say it can be done, but the Roku support forums don’t support that.

On our second TV we do use a Roku and it loaded the “Acorn for the Roku Channel” automatically, but we don’t use that tv much. I’ll cancel the Acorn. The loss of $2 is painful and I will revisit FIRECalc this weekend.

I’m not surprised but am a little disappointed. Maybe Acorn will offer a holiday special.
Did you try this?
https://support.acorn.tv/en/support...the-acorn-tv-app-to-my-fire-tv-fire-tv-stick-

I recall that we had Acorn for a while and all we have are Fire sticks so I'm guessing that we downloaded the AcornTV app... it's possible that we subscribed to Acorn though Amazon Prime but we rarely do those things through Prime so I doubt it.. just don't remember.

Did you try this?
https://support.acorn.tv/en/support...the-acorn-tv-app-to-my-fire-tv-fire-tv-stick-

I recall that we had Acorn for a while and all we have are Fire sticks so I'm guessing that we downloaded the AcornTV app... it's possible that we subscribed to Acorn though Amazon Prime but we rarely do those things through Prime so I doubt it.. just don't remember.

There is a separate “Acorn TV for Roku Channel” app, and this is one that comes with the 2 month special. It doesn’t give access to the regular Acorn TV app.

ZAPPOS has Hoka Bondi 7 shoes for about 20% off. Apparently, I don't get the Amazon Visa 5% discount though.

Last edited:
Freshseafood.com out of Pike Place Market Seattle has 20% off as their Black Friday deal. Not sure the deadline. I ordered today.

For backpackers. These include some great deals on ultralight backpacking gear.

3F UL Gear – 11% off sitewide with code BLACKFRIDAY
AllTrails – 50% off AllTrails Pro (ends November 30)
Backcountry – up to 60% off tons of gear across the site
Big Agnes – 25% off everything at Backcountry
BioLite – 25% off sitewide – FirePit and accessories up to 30% off (ends December 5)
Bluffworks – up to 40% off
Bonfus – up to 20% off, some products 50% off (November 21 to November 27)
BOTE – 25% off sitewide with 40% off flash sales (ends December 4)
Black Diamond – up to 25% off apparel and equipment, including 25% off all trekking poles (ends November 28)
CamelBak – 25% off sitewide with code CYBER25 (ends December 3)
Campmor – code PINE20 for $20 off $100, code PINE40 for $40 off $200, code PINE60 for $60 off $300 (full-priced items only)
Chicken Tramper Ultralight Gear – 20% off shoulder strap accessories, fanny packs, wallets, and ultra dog bowls with code BF2022, 30% off Trampin’ Tote with code BFTOTE (November 25 – November 27)
Columbia – up to 50% off sitewide
Cotopaxi – 25% off current season styles – excludes Allpa and Del Dia (ends November 28)
Darn Tough – up to 50% off at Backcountry
Decathlon – up to 60% off sitewide
Eastern Mountain Sports – up to 75% off tons of gear across the site
éclipse – buy 2, get 1 free with code 3for2, 25% off Healthy Sun Kits
EcoFlow – up to 50% off power stations with code EFBFAFF8 (ends November 28)
Enlightened Equipment – 20% off all gear (ends November 28)
Escape Campervans – 40% off all trips from November 25 through December 31, 2023 with code BF40 (ends November 29)
EXPED – up to 40% off sitewide
FORLOH – up to 40% off sitewide (ends November 29)
Garage Grown Gear – most products 10% to 20% off; many items are up to 40% off
GCI Outdoors – 2-for-1 chairs (ends November 24)
Goal Zero – 20% off select Yeti Power Stations, Solar Generators, and Home Backup Systems, and 20% off all lights and lanterns
Good To-Go Meals – up to 35% off sitewide
GoPro – $200 off GoPro HERO11 Black
Gossamer Gear – up to 40% off sitewide and 25% off most backpacks
Gregory Packs – 25% off purchase with code THANKS (some items excluded)
Grundéns – up to 60% off select items (ends November 30)
Icebreaker – 15% off a single base layer, 25% off 2+
Hammock Gear – 20% off sitewide and free shipping on orders $200+ (ends November 28)
High Tail Designs – 20% off with code HOLIDAY20
Hydrapak – 20% off with code BFCM20
Insta360 – save up to $75 + free accessories
Jetboil – 25% off stoves with (free) account creation (ends November 27)
KEEN – 40% off all outside styles and 25% off all workboots and shoes (ends November 29)
Kelty – 25% off sitewide with code HOLIDAY2022
Klean Kanteen – 25% off sitewide with code WARMUP25
LifeStraw – 25% off select products, free shipping on orders $50+
LiteAF – up to 20% off sitewide
Moosejaw – 20% off one full-priced item and 25% off select items with code HOORAY
Mountain Hardwear – 25% off all Stretchdown products and 30% off past season’s Ghost Whisperer products
Mountainsmith – 20% off sitewide with code TRYPTOFANNY
MPOWERD – 40% off sitewide with code BF2022 (ends November 28)
MSR – 25% off sitewide (ends November 28)
MTN OPS – up to 50% off with code BLACKFRIDAY
My Medic – up to 50% off sitewide
Nashville Pack – 10% off your entire order (November 25 to November 28)
Ombraz – $30 off all armless sunglasses (ends November 28)
Oru Kayak – up to $400 off kayaks and up to 50% off accessories (ends November 30)
Osprey – up to 40% off select products (ends November 28)
Outdoor Research – 25% off select styles (ends November 28)
OutdoorPlay – up to 60% off popular categories (ends December 4)
PackTowl – 25% off sitewide (ends November 28)
Patagonia – up to 50% off apparel at Backcountry
Peak Design – 30% off Everyday Cases, 15% off camera straps and clips, 10% off mobile, Everyday and Travel Bags, and packing tools (ends November 28)
PEARL iZUMi – 25% off sitewide
Platypus – 25% off sitewide (ends November 28)
Public Lands – 25% coupon off a full-priced item (November 23 to November 28)
Rab Equipment – up to 50% off at Backcountry
Ridge Merino – 25% off sitewide with code CYBER25
RTIC – up to 30% off sitewide
Salomon – up to 40% off apparel and gear
Sea to Summit – TBA (November 25 to November 29)
SealLine – 25% off sitewide (ends November 28)
Showers Pass – 20% off under $350, 30% off over $350 (ends November 25)
Sierra Designs – 25% off sitewide with code HOLIDAY2022
SkyGOAT – 20% off hoodies and jackets with code SGFLY20 (ends November 30)
Smartwool – up to 50% off socks and apparel at Backcountry
SOLE Footwear – up to 60% off sitewide
Solo Stove – 40% off Smokeless Fire Pits
Stanley – up to 60% off sitewide (ends December 5)
Stio – up to 40% off sitewide
Sunski – up to 40% off sunglasses
Tarptent – up to 20% off on select models
Therm-a-Rest – 25% off sitewide (ends November 28)
UGQ Outdoor – 15% off quilts with code NOV2022 (ends November 30)
Ultimate Direction – 25% off sitewide with code HOLIDAY2022
Under Armour – 30% of sitewide + extra 10% off with code EXTRA10 (ends November 29)
UST Gear – 25% off Core Camp gear
VOITED – up to 50% off sitewide (ends November 28)
Waymark Gear Co. – 20% off sitewide (ends December 4)
Zealios – 30% off sitewide with code BFCM + free shipping over $60
Zpacks – Various discounts (most one-day only) from November 25 – December 10

Wow! Thanks

Intrepid travel - up to 25% off. I saved more than $3k on trips to Japan and S. Korea next October. Found award flights to Tokyo for 60k AA miles + $5.60 each. Just got an email from Intrepid concerning a Morocco trip we booked earlier this month for travel in January. They're giving us the Black Friday price and refunding the $1200 difference. Nice!

Last edited:
There is a separate “Acorn TV for Roku Channel” app, and this is one that comes with the 2 month special. It doesn’t give access to the regular Acorn TV app.
Got it. The mystery is why they do stuff like that. Frustrating.

Since the parking lot wasn't crowded, I stopped by the local Walmart yesterday (Saturday) to pickup a few grocery items. While I was there I walked through the electronics department to see what the sales looked like... It didn't really matter what the prices were since most things were sold out...Example, the only TV's that were still on the floor were the jumbo size... Everything else (TV's) were gone. The other shelves in the electronics dept looked like they were really picked over and it reminded me of one of the "looted" stores you see on TV these days. Must have been a heck of a Black Friday the day before. Glad I missed it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom