Blow That Dough! -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to work on my boat. Takes me down endless miles of river frontage between thousands of acres of ag land. Where the asparagus grows - :)

Robbie, I love asparagus also and have it growing wild along a crick. That reminds me I need to walk some of that crick and cut the summer growth down to the ground.

Minor BTD. 4 new pairs of hiking boots. 2 each for DW and me. One pair of 3 season boots, one pair of insulated hiking boots for snow shoeing and winter hiking. Also each got new pair of hiking pants. $700.
Miles of great hiking. Priceless.:)

My billfold got lighter today. I been in the process for about 7 months of purchasing more land bordering the ranch. Well, today it all come together, with the final money wired this AM. I just got word that the money is in sellers account and the deed/survey is on it's way to the recorder. So, I have a lot less money to count now, but I'm very excited about the new purchase. I will get much enjoyment from the new property.

My billfold got lighter today. I been in the process for about 7 months of purchasing more land bordering the ranch. Well, today it all come together, with the final money wired this AM. I just got word that the money is in sellers account and the deed/survey is on it's way to the recorder. So, I have a lot less money to count now, but I'm very excited about the new purchase. I will get much enjoyment from the new property.
congrats!. I know the whole process took a while.

Yayyy!:dance:

Congrats! Let the fun begin!

I know you will. You spend a lot of time outdoors!

Congrats! Sounds like you are making progress buying up the whole county! :)

Amazing how many nice restaurants are in Spain and southern Portugal. In our 6 week visit, we treated ourselves to 10 Michelin starred restaurants (a pair of which were two starred). Plus, there were a several "under the radar" restaurants that were better than several of the "stars."

Apart from Lima, we haven't been exposed to this quantity of quality dining during our usual developing world trips. I think we could get used to it! :LOL:

Amazing how many nice restaurants are in Spain and southern Portugal. In our 6 week visit, we treated ourselves to 10 Michelin starred restaurants (a pair of which were two starred). Plus, there were a several "under the radar" restaurants that were better than several of the "stars."

Apart from Lima, we haven't been exposed to this quantity of quality dining during our usual developing world trips. I think we could get used to it! [emoji23]
Nice!

Just spent about $16K to tear out an old plastic molded shower and put in a bigger tile one. Love the new one!

Apart from Lima, we haven't been exposed to this quantity of quality dining during our usual developing world trips. I think we could get used to it! :LOL:

Oh, this sounds like something we would love!! Would love to see your itinerary if you’ve posted it anywhere!

2017ish, I just took a look at the blog linked in your profile, and it looks like an amazing trip! Gorgeous photos and great commentary!

Our big BTD for this year is a 12 week trip to Portugal, so really appreciated the photos in your blog of the Algarve coast, Evora, etc. We leave in a couple days, can’t wait!

Did end up pulling the trigger on a 2021 Escape Titanium hybrid, with basically every bell and whistle you can get. I'm still miffed at Ford for switching to the smaller chassis, but I'll live. Now learning all the ins and outs of hybrid driving, which I've never paid any attention to before.
PXL_20211105_200844911.jpg

Grand European River Cruise

Budapest to Amsterdam- 2 weeks plus 2 day extension in Amsterdam! Leaving in one week. DW and I have never done anything like this (one Caribbean cruise) 63 yo retired teachers. Bought at height of pandemic and got some good incentives.

Did end up pulling the trigger on a 2021 Escape Titanium hybrid, with basically every bell and whistle you can get. I'm still miffed at Ford for switching to the smaller chassis, but I'll live. Now learning all the ins and outs of hybrid driving, which I've never paid any attention to before.
View attachment 40776

That is awesome!! I like the color and all the techy things on these new outfits, it takes awhile to learn all the things it does and can't do.

Today is DS' birthday and he, DDIL and the kids (7, 5 and 2) are here for the week. They live 3 hours away and DS hadn't burned up enough PTO and had stopped accruing it so they came here. We've been to the Aquarium and 2 restaurants and I've bought an endless supply of bath bombs (tennis-ball sized masses of Epsom salt and citric acid that fizz away to reveal a cheap toy in the middle).

We're going to a genuinely splurge-y place for dinner- Lidia's in KC. (They're kid-friendly and the spacing and general noise levels are such that normal kid noise won't bother other diners.) DS has been cooking (he enjoys it) and said that he could make dinner instead, but I'm throwing caution to the winds this week. The market has been fantastic, Dad (may he rest in peace) has left me money that I plan to deploy mostly to their 529s and to charity because I don't need it, and these experiences are FAR richer with them than if I did them alone.

I plan to make a Costco run today and have jokingly threatened to buy the 2 older kids little electric vehicles they can drive around the neighborhood.

It is good to be Grandma.:D

athena--Love it! Yes, it is good to be a grandma

Grand European River Cruise
Budapest to Amsterdam- 2 weeks plus 2 day extension in Amsterdam! Leaving in one week. DW and I have never done anything like this (one Caribbean cruise) 63 yo retired teachers. Bought at height of pandemic and got some good incentives.

We did this same trip several years ago and had a great time. I think you'll really enjoy it.

We did this a few years ago, LOVED it. At some ports, after the included tour, we visited other spots on our own. Most were just a walk away.

One warning:
Our included flight landed in Amsterdam and there we got a plane to Budapest.
We didn't know but in Amsterdam the terminal is large. Fortunately we didn't shop and waste time (but it was tempting) as when we got to the "end". There was a big line up of people going through Customs :eek:
I got worried about missing our flight, but the line went fast, as they brought more Officers.
Then we got to wait in the other part of the Terminal.

Here is the story of our cruise. Enjoy!

Attachments

• EUROPEAN RIVER CRUISE 2010short.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom