Blow That Dough! -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
717-HKnApzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Bought my DW a cuckoo clock. A really expensive cuckoo clock.

How cute!!

Continued to feed my obsession for two seat sports cars with the purchase of a 2021 Corvette HTC (hard top convertible). It goes with the Cobra replica that we built a few years ago, a Miata at our house in Florida and a 1988 Alfa Romeo Spider. Just about finished the 1953 Chevy truck, but it has three seats and is not a sports car LOL

Exellent way to BTD!

4 pounds King Crab (8 legs) large leg middle only, no body and no knuckle and "fingers", just the big meaty centers - :)

51746914777_4a80e714d7_o.jpg

Four hundred bucks shipped.

Ordered a 24 inch Apple iMac with the M1 chip at the end of November. This replaced my iMac that was mid 2010. Boy, there is a world of difference. I don't know why I waited so long. It is green, my favorite color.

I also ordered the Apple iWatches Series 7 for myself and DH. They are wrapped and under the Christmas tree. We will have to learn about them, since we have never had them.

Ordered a 24 inch Apple iMac with the M1 chip at the end of November. This replaced my iMac that was mid 2010. Boy, there is a world of difference. I don't know why I waited so long. It is green, my favorite color.

I also ordered the Apple iWatches Series 7 for myself and DH. They are wrapped and under the Christmas tree. We will have to learn about them, since we have never had them.

You will love the watches! There is an endless amount of learning but right off the bat, they are fun.

We ordered a BeeLine Rug Hooking Cutter tool in May. It finally came in December. We can stop borrowing cutters from others or buying wool strips pre-cut. Hobbies reign!

Ordered a 24 inch Apple iMac with the M1 chip at the end of November. This replaced my iMac that was mid 2010. Boy, there is a world of difference. I don't know why I waited so long.

You were waiting for that M1 chip! Congratulations. I replaced my old iMac in 2019 with an Intel chipped version. Now I am waiting for the M5 chip. :D

I almost decided to replace my aging MacBook Air for a new one with the M1 chip, but the MacBook Air still works very well, other than being a bit slow now and then. So I will keep it. and wait for the M2 chip or beyond..............

Where from Robbie? And how many meals do you think the 4 pounds will serve? ( 4?, 6?)

Sent from my SM-T510 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

My wife wanted the annual 10# box of Alaska (not Chilean) King Crab. It used to be $18/lb at Costco, but went up to $75/lb. I looked on line and could have it delivered $600/10lbs from Costco. I still choked.

WE went there a few days ago and spoke to the butcher staff who pulled a box priced at $380/10#. All very large legs, but not the trimmed legs. I was sort of happy at the lower price, now 2X what we paid last year. I would be happy to buy another box and trim down the pieces to sell for $100/lb:popcorn:

Ordered an equatorial mount for my telescope and another 18 ga nailer. Just in case I need 2.

Now, how many 18 ga nailers does one man need?? Just one more!

Lol I like it and another great way to BTD.

My wife wanted the annual 10# box of Alaska (not Chilean) King Crab. It used to be $18/lb at Costco, but went up to $75/lb. I looked on line and could have it delivered $600/10lbs from Costco. I still choked.

WE went there a few days ago and spoke to the butcher staff who pulled a box priced at $380/10#. All very large legs, but not the trimmed legs. I was sort of happy at the lower price, now 2X what we paid last year. I would be happy to buy another box and trim down the pieces to sell for $100/lb:popcorn:

I hope all goes well. I'd be kind of leery about the low priced box. Been sitting in the back of the freezer for 6 months? Got freezer burn? You'll find out.

Continued to feed my obsession for two seat sports cars with the purchase of a 2021 Corvette HTC (hard top convertible). It goes with the Cobra replica that we built a few years ago, a Miata at our house in Florida and a 1988 Alfa Romeo Spider. Just about finished the 1953 Chevy truck, but it has three seats and is not a sports car LOL

Here, I JUST about got over my lust for a C-8! I'll have to go through withdrawal again. Thanks so much! :LOL:

How do you cook crab?

Boil it?

Or some kind of brine or broth for flavor?

If it's red it's already cooked, just need to thaw and warm up. Steam, bake or grill.

I don't often post on this thread, but 2021 was a year of big splurges for me. It felt a bit unreasonable but the numbers still look good so... Trip to Paris, first class (it's a train ride away for me so not that much of a splurge to upgrade), 5* boutique hotel, nice restaurants. I bought myself a fancy watch that had been on my wishlist for 20 years. I also purchased a new iPad Pro 12.9" to replace a sightly older 11" one that still worked just fine (I gave the older one to my sister and made her day).

There was a covid delay in my favorite Oregon Chestnut source, but it has cleared and they are now shipping. My bag should be here Monday.

Not really a BTD, more an annual holiday treat and worth every penny, have yourself a Merry Bob Cratchit Christmas with 5 pounds of the best!

Ordered up 100 grams Russian Ossetra and a half pound of Paddlefish from Olma. Twenty one percent off deal on the prime stuff. Free shipping over $300.

Good appetizers next week - :)

We had a new outside door installed today, it's been 18 months since we began the project. The front door was screwed up, but the company made good on it. They are sending it back to the dealer to fix the problem. We are leaving for the winter so it won't be installed until May.

I think the total cost for both doors will be $6K plus some change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom