Blow That Dough! -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 Porsche 911 Carrera S cabriolet with 32k miles. White with beige interior. PDK.

Drove newer and new 911s (all turbocharged) but didn't like the smoothness ... liked the rawness of the naturally aspirated engine. Sounds incredible.

Traded our 2010 Saab Aero convertible ... sad as it was a great car. Tires, fluids, and one turn signal bulb!

Attachments

• A6CF55F3-B775-47C0-AB76-3EF2154225FB.jpg
    A6CF55F3-B775-47C0-AB76-3EF2154225FB.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 93
Ordered up 100 grams Russian Ossetra and a half pound of Paddlefish from Olma. Twenty one percent off deal on the prime stuff. Free shipping over $300.

Good appetizers next week - :)

Is it really "BTD" if you have to resort to discount sales and free shipping? :D:LOL:

Hey, any excuse is a good excuse eh?

Wow.. had to look it up. $100 a shot or thereabouts. How do you drink it? Sip it straight up? Three drops of water?

Yeah this type of whisky is straight in a nerdy Glencairn glass with a drop of water and a lot of time.

Yeah this type of whisky is straight in a nerdy Glencairn glass with a drop of water and a lot of time.

It sounds outstanding (I’m not a whiskey drinker) but is it really worth the price?
I’m a Tequila drinker and I won’t pay for some of the high end Extra Anejo tequilas out there. I have found many reasonably priced bottles that are just fine for me and my friends/ family to sip!
Enjoy!

It sounds outstanding (I’m not a whiskey drinker) but is it really worth the price?
I’m a Tequila drinker and I won’t pay for some of the high end Extra Anejo tequilas out there. I have found many reasonably priced bottles that are just fine for me and my friends/ family to sip!
Enjoy!

No not worth $2500 from a taste perspective. It is equal to other $500 whiskies though [emoji3]. The rest is closed distillery/history/collectible mark up.

Like anything you can get 70% of the experience for a fraction of the price.

Glen Scotia 15 year is a wonderful whisky for $80

I'm going to Bevmo to get My Christmas bottle of Don Julio 1942 for $130 / fifth.

Got at 10 buck coupon and another for New Years - :)

been blowing that dough lately, but not in ways I would prefer. Roadside service charged us exorbitantly for replacing a blown tire, then we bought another one to match (RV, dual rear wheels). Tire prices have gone up! Spent money on an RV park for a month in Arizona instead of our preferred boondocking experience. Drove a lot and paid a lot more for gas this last couple of months.

To balance this out, we spent even *more* money by upgrading our phones to iPhone 13 models. But we set it up on monthly payments. Also recently traded in the Mac Mini and Macbook Air for a new M1 Macbook Air. So there. Much dough has been blown!

You people buying that high priced fire water, are just peeing your money away. Lol

I brought home carrot cake to DW from the restaurant that I am working on, and will do so every day this coming week.
It is probably the best we have ever had. My version of the 5 days of christmas.

Last edited:
You people buying that high priced fire water, are just peeing your money away. Lol

All you Tequila lovers out there, check out Old Town Tequila. I had no idea there were so many in Mexico. Add tequila's smoky cousin Mezcal to the mix too and other "agave liquors" and there are hundreds of options.

Last year about this time we decided to BTD on an overnight order of fresh stone crab and key west pinks from the FL Keys since we didn't travel there. Figured that while expensive, it was cheaper than the trip, we enjoyed it so much we did it again in March for my birthday. :)

This past we week we did it again! Little under $400 got us 6 lbs of stone crab, 2 lbs of key west pink shrimp, and some extras (smoked fish dip, mustard sauce, a key lime pie...), and overnighted to our door. Worked out to 2 dinners of stone crab, 1 dinner of shrimp, 2 lunches of a few shrimp and fish dip, and 2 breakfasts of stone crab/avocado omelettes. And we're still working on the fish dip. And the pie is in the freezer for sometime down the road. Mmmm, Mmmm, good!:dance:

We called it our xmas present to each other, since we buy whatever we want/need and don't really need more stuff to clutter the house.

I brought home carrot cake to DW from the restaurant that I am working on, and will do so every day this coming week.
It is probably the best we have ever had. My version of the 5 days of christmas.

OMG. I would be in heaven. Good carrot cake is my dessert weakness.

Arggghh! A whisky like that shouldn't need any water (I am "neat only" whisky guy :D). I still have a bottle of 1982 Brora that I bought in 2002 right at the Brora distillery, which was then owned by Clynelish. It is saved for special occasions. My go to favorite whisky is still Longrow 14 year old Campbellton malt.

^ yeah water will rust the pipes, so drink whiskey straight! Lol

Brora 38 year old whisky

Wow.. had to look it up. $100 a shot or thereabouts. How do you drink it? Sip it straight up? Three drops of water?

I had to look it up too. At $2680 a bottle at Total Wine, and 17 shots in a bottle, that's $158/shot.

I don't think I can love any booze at that price. About $10/shot is my limit.

At that price they are definitely not ‘shots’. Expect a 35ml dram to last an hour or two. 30mins in the glass before you even taste.

See proper nerd stuff

Also the bottle will last many years

Last edited:
Yeah, the great thing with spirits is they keep a long time. Keep out of sunlight, keep the cap on and don't worry about the (normal) temperature.

Good spirits are something I enjoy in my advancing years. Good flavor and no burn. I don't buy booze under $30 unless I know I like it.

Cheap booze was back in my working days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom