Breadmaker for DW

Steelart99

Recycles dryer sheets
My DW has become very interested in bread making. I'm just looking for some advice, comments, etc. on the various makes / models. I've sorta narrowed my choice down to one of the [FONT=&quot]Zojirushi models or the[/FONT] Cuisinart CBK-200 2-Lb Convection Bread Maker, but would love to hear anything about any make.

Had to go back and look in Amazon history to see when we bought our Zojirushi BBCCX20, and it was December 2008. Still works like a champ, outlasted previous big name machine we had by several years. With frequent pizza crusts and breadmaking, it has been a workhorse.

Not to discourage you from spending new money to support Chinese industry, but we get excellent French bread from a Breadman Ultimate we got at Goodwill for $5. We even bought a spare for $5 (though the first one is still working well). Usually a good selection there.

If the Cuisinart makes a 2 lb. loaf, go with it. Most of the loaves coming out of bread makers are very small, and I like to have to make it less often. Those little loaves seldom last us but about 1/2 hour before it's eaten.

Only thing I like more than anything Cuisinart is my Kitchenaid mixer. It's hard to do without one after the initial large investment in one.

If the Cuisinart makes a 2 lb. loaf, go with it. Most of the loaves coming out of bread makers are very small, and I like to have to make it less often. Those little loaves seldom last us but about 1/2 hour before it's eaten.

Only thing I like more than anything Cuisinart is my Kitchenaid mixer. It's hard to do without one after the initial large investment in one.

Yeah, the Cuisinart I was looking at does 2 lb loafs ... I knew anything 'smaller' would not last long ... not that a 2-lb loaf will last any length of time either :D

Goodwill or other thrift stores are a good place to pick one up. They are probably the most donated unused wedding present. She can try out a bread maker to see if it gets the results she wants at little cost.

Or, you can do the artisan bread in 5 minutes a day, which is easy and requires no special tools. Scroll down the link for the master recipe.

The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day is Launched! Back to Basics updated, and a Great TV segment on KSTP… | Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day

Not to discourage you from spending new money to support Chinese industry, but we get excellent French bread from a Breadman Ultimate we got at Goodwill for $5. We even bought a spare for $5 (though the first one is still working well). Usually a good selection there.

Although I love garage sales, auctions, thrift stores, flea markets, etc. .... my wife shies away from anything 'used'. We do have a bit of disconnect sometimes when I want to acquire various things :facepalm: She'd not appreciate a gift (this is for her birthday) that doesn't come 'new'

Goodwill or other thrift stores are a good place to pick one up. They are probably the most donated unused wedding present. She can try out a bread maker to see if it gets the results she wants at little cost.

Or, you can do the artisan bread in 5 minutes a day, which is easy and requires no special tools. Scroll down the link for the master recipe.

The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day is Launched! Back to Basics updated, and a Great TV segment on KSTP… | Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day

Now THAT is way cool !!! Closer to the way I 'might' make bread if I were so inclined.

Back
Top Bottom