Breakfast of Champions

Omelet - it varies: sometime with bacon or sausage crumbles mixed in, sometimes with onions and peppers, sometimes with cream cheese (this morning!), sometimes just plain. Always cooked in butter and/or bacon grease. Oh yes, a dash of cream as I'm beating the eggs.

On weekends I'll often make fried eggs with bacon or sausage.

Usually one, sometimes two, cups of black coffee.

And I always make breakfast, my DW makes dinner, we forage for lunch ourselves.

2 eggs scrambled, 2 pieces of bacon and coffee with cream and sugar. It's all american, what can I say.

Trying to switch to oatmeal or plain cheerios w/berries to help with my metabolical health. We'll see how that goes.:confused:

My breakfasts include a vegetable and eggs.

The veggie can be spinach, kale, leeks, etc. Coated with olive oil.
The eggs are typically scrambled. I used to do over easy, but the plate was harder to wash ;)

This mornging I had bloomed a bit of fresh ginger root in a 1/2+ tbs olive oil, dumped that onto a bowl of frozen spinach, added diced red bell pepper and a bit of salt and microwaved it for 3.5 minutes. Meanwhile, I scrambled 2 eggs in another 1/2+ tbs olive oil.

Beverage: water.

Wow, quite a different sophisticated and discriminating palate from such an intelligent group of investors. Thank for you input.

The real interesting results would be to merge this thread with the "How long do you expect to live" thread! ;)

As for me: About 3/4 of the time it's
1 egg (microwaved to be well-done)
1 small sausage patty or 2 slices of uncured, thinly sliced ham
1 slice of bread
1 slice of cheese
usually a frozen hash brown patty

The other 1/4 of the time it's usually cold cereal with Almond milk - a blend of 2 of the following Aldi store brand equivalents of:
Cheerios
Frosted Miniwheats
Graham crackers
Bran flakes

On the weekends, I always have the breakfast sandwich, paired with a half pot of black coffee.

I alternate between a bowl of oatmeal (with pancake syrup, it's like melted brown sugar) and a bowl of Kellogg's Product 19. Back in the 1990s, my stomach did not like the speedier cold cereal every morning so I had to break up the repetition. (I tried heating up frozen waffles in the toaster but they all tasted like cardboard with pancake syrup LOL!) The only time I eat something more complex is during Thanksgiving weekend when I am at my brother's place. My SIL makes pancakes one morning and French Toast another morning. And if we happen to eat breakfast on the road (as we will likely do on this year's return trip), then I will splurge for a waffle.

The real interesting results would be to merge this thread with the "How long do you expect to live" thread! ;)

The really fascinating thing (to me, anyway) is that although the meals are so extremely diverse, we each probably think we're doing the right thing in terms of our overall health. Food we enjoy primarily, but there certainly must be at least a thought of "this breakfast won't do me any harm, and may be good for me."

And yet for any individual posting here (with the possible exception of REWahoo's eclectic choices) there will be those who cast a very dubious eye on it.

So much in common, yet so different from each other!

Usually dig through fridge for leftovers, add some radishes, celery and a bit if carrot.

On days after trip to Y, 2 eggs OE, bacon, hot souce, slice of toast. Cofee, 1 cup.

Last edited:
The really fascinating thing (to me, anyway) is that although the meals are so extremely diverse, we each probably think we're doing the right thing in terms of our overall health. Food we enjoy primarily, but there certainly must be at least a thought of "this breakfast won't do me any harm, and may be good for me."
And yet for any individual posting here (with the possible exception of REWahoo's eclectic choices) there will be those who cast a very dubious eye on it.
So much in common, yet so different from each other!

I'm sure they'll come out with a study that says oatmeal is bad for me.

Toast with a little peanut butter and a glass of milk.

6 days each week:
Steel-cut oatmeal with part of an apple diced up on it, as well pecans, and ground flaxseed on it. Add to that a big cup of black, regular coffee, and I'm all set.

One day each week, I have a big veggie omelet with green peppers, jalapeño peppers, onions, spinach, mushrooms broccoli, and feta cheese. With whole-grain wheat or rye toast, and so big cup of coffee.

Most days it is half a cup to a cup of frozen fruit (defrosted in the microwave) with a half cup of homemade granola (which always has nuts and dried fruit in it, with far less sugar than the commercial stuff) and milk. And 2 or 3 cups of home-roasted French press coffee, black. Once or twice a week I will scramble some eggs or make a breakfast burrito.

My preference is cold pizza or spaghetti if it's available. Or whatever was for dinner the previous evening. Maybe a ham and cheese sandwich if there's nothing else around. Sometimes breakfast doesn't roll around until 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I guess if you want to get technical, diet coke is the first thing I have every day. Not sure if that qualifies as breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom