Breakfast of Champions

Tend to skip breakfast too. Depending on time I get up it's either lunch time or around 4 pm i start eating.

Usually the first thing is a Coke, and unless there is a reason to nothing for several hours. Or not, if I'm hungry. When that happens I just get whatever is available - sometimes it's as simple as a couple of fried eggs and nothing else, or leftover beef stew, or salad with cut up grilled chicken on it and the like, or an apple and a banana or....

I just never paid much attention to what time of day I ate what meal. If it was steak & potatoes for breakfast and cereal for dinner that was and is okay with me.

Native Texans don't wear 'dressing gowns'. I can't speak for the imported ones. :)
I just watched "Secondhand Lions" last night, those old coots were the real deal, lived in Texas, and used dressing gowns. :)

So you think Hollywood told the fictional story accurately?

But of course. Everyone knows that when it comes to culture, Hollywood always shows people as they truly are, everywhere in the world but especially around the US.

Last edited:
I just never paid much attention to what time of day I ate what meal. If it was steak & potatoes for breakfast and cereal for dinner that was and is okay with me.

Sounds like my DH. He goes on different eating patterns every few years (although he has no say about dinner unless I'm out of town). For the past few years he's been eating "dinner" food (either leftovers or a frozen entree - Lean Cuisine or Kashi) for breakfast. Several years ago he went through a phase where he ate sandwiches for breakfast (turkey and jalapeño jack on rye) every day.

I like breakfast to taste like breakfast, myself. :D

Last edited:
Almost every morning-
Scrambled egg whites,
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese,
Half of a whole wheat bagel thin w/sugar free jelly,
handful of grapes and black coffee.

Really, never heard of this. How's it taste?
Cherry Coke or Dr Pepper impart a nice cherry-ish taste to go with the craisins and it is rather sweet. It's probably best to use half-water and half-soda-pop. Otherwise it tastes like oatmeal with walnuts and craisins. Or cherry-chocolate-y if you use the chocolate-flavored whey protein.

Last edited:
Black coffee

A cinnamon raisin bagel unless Costco is out then it's a croissant during the week when I get to work

Weekends

Black coffee and a bowl of cheerios...a bowl and a half if I'm going for a long bike ride Sunday morning

Cheerios w/2% milk or 3 eggs over easy, on top of sliced 'taters fried in olive oil or hold that eats, just another coffee, black

A bowl of oatmeal with a couple of tablespoons of flaxseed meal and a teaspoon of brown sugar, plus a half a banana.

Generally eat a LCHF diet so 99% of the time:
3 eggs scrambled or fried with real butter
Bacon (or grass fed beef leftovers)

Occasionally will drink a cup of coffee with half & half but have cut way back on caffeine. Sometimes will add a banana or berries with a handful of walnuts or pecans.

2-3 cups Coffee
1 cup oatmeal

That's my breakfast. If I didn't have a weight problem, there would be more... :blush: It used to be just coffee, but Weight Watchers encourages one to eat breakfast.

Bagel, w/stabbed egg and swiss cheese, coffee,Aldi fruit of the week.

Repetition is so boring. I use the Gourmet Epicurian Connoisseur's Meal Generator to design a unique menu for every breakfast.
:LOL:
...and a walk in refrigerator...

Fermented Frankfurter Bread with a side of Orange Lamb and Coriander Pie

Last edited:
Breakfast of Champions? I am not a champion, so my answer does not count.

But in case anyone is curious, it's two cups of coffee, the 1st with cream and sugar, and the 2nd black.

Wow, quite a different sophisticated and discriminating palate from such an intelligent group of investors. Thank for you input.

I usually let a spoonful of chia seeds, a spoonful of Hemp Hearts, and some frozen berries or frozen mango thaw overnight on the kitchen counter with a little water added. In the morning I add quinoa that I keep precooked in the fridge, stevia, almond milk, walnuts, and a little kefir and warm it a little in the microwave.

Here goes, 3 tbsp fresh ground flax seed, 2 tbsp chia seed, 1/2 banana, 2.5 oz of some kind of frozen berry, quarter cup walnuts, just enough water to make the chia swell. Coffee black.

Usually a bowl of Raisin Bran or Mini-Wheats with no-fat milk along with some blueberries or raspberries.

Bacon or sausage (occasionally SPAM), with eggs fried in butter.
Coffee with heavy cream and Splenda.

That has been my breakfast of choice for many years.
+++ You beat me to it. In my opinion this is a very good choice for breakfast. I eat the same thing (sans spam) about 4 days a week. The other days I eat a bowl of high fiber, low carb HI LO cereal.

And I thought this was a post about Kilgore Trout

Most days for me it is just coffee and toast, perhaps with peanut butter if I am in the mood. Occasionally when I am inspired (more often on weekends) I might cook up bacon, eggs and toast or a ham, onion & cheese omelet and toast. If the kids are home we sometimes have pancakes.

Back
Top Bottom