Can You be Faked Out by a Smile?

missed 3 of the first 8.... so maybe I was getting better in the end...

13/20 and I ended up clicking almost randomly. I didn't feel like I had a clue. But mostly because I don't know these people. Some people I know have a very fake sounding laugh, but that is how they laugh for real. I wouldn't expect to be able to detect fake/real on strangers.

-ERD50

13/20 and I ended up clicking almost randomly. I didn't feel like I had a clue. But mostly because I don't know these people. Some people I know have a very fake sounding laugh, but that is how they laugh for real. I wouldn't expect to be able to detect fake/real on strangers.

-ERD50

Seriously, go through again and look at their eyes when they smile. I don't know if it will work for you, but it made most of them very obvious to me. If their eyes don't crinkle up when they smile, it's fake. I only got fooled by one fake smile. The other two I missed were real ones that I thought were fake.

RE: ERD not feeling he could tell fake/real

Seriously, go through again and look at their eyes when they smile. I don't know if it will work for you, but it made most of them very obvious to me. If their eyes don't crinkle up when they smile, it's fake. I only got fooled by one fake smile. The other two I missed were real ones that I thought were fake.

I could probably do it if I ran it again, and just increased my confidence in my choice. I got stuck, thinking that some people's real smiles do look fake, so how can I tell if I don't know these people? Once that was in my mind, I kind of faked myself out. And I kept wondering - what are they telling them to make them smile - and do they just tell them to 'fake it' for the fake ones? I got hung up on details, as I often do ;)

-ERD50

15/20, did great after a poor start, once I realized I had to press play and wasn't going on the initial picture. The scary transvestite looking thing in the middle kind of threw me for a moment.

By the way, my avatar is cracking a big, spit eating grin!

If you did not even look at the pics.... you should get 10 just by guessing...

Just saying....

:duh:Got 11. My excuse is I was distracted by how wierd looking they were.

Attachments

• evilsmile.jpg
    evilsmile.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 38
If you did not even look at the pics.... you should get 10 just by guessing...

Just saying....

Yes, I think my 13 was within normal variation for anyone just pressing buttons.

I believe they were shown clips of Jim Cramer giving investment advice.

:eek: that would have me shaking my head and rolling my eyes! Funny comment though, had me LOL!

-ERD50

If you pull out a camera in a room full of young men and women, they jump into very well practiced facial posing. They know how to fake smile, including crinkling their eyes--that generation has grown up with cameras and videocameras focused on them, and now they all take each others' pictures with their cell phones.

16/20 -

Here in Paradise, smiling is "cultural". It's expected. It's also infectious. Or maybe it's just that it is Paradise. In any case, I smile more here than I ever did before. Fake? I'm not even certain at times. Perhaps I've learned to fake a smile and it becomes self fulfilling.

Here's my little test for the group. See if you can tell which smiles are real and which are faked.
:)
:cool:
;)
:D
:LOL:
:flowers:
:greetings10:

I'm the second one down. :cool:

Answer to OP question- yes I can easily be faked out 9 of 20.
Need a good face reader to go with me to the next annuity salesperson meeting.

Free to canoe

Answer to OP question- yes I can easily be faked out 9 of 20.
Need a good face reader to go with me to the next annuity salesperson meeting.

Free to canoe

That's easy- they are all fake.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom