Cartoons

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just for fun and a distraction from worldly worries. Who are your favorite cartoonists? Those familiar with the work of B. Kliban will recognize my avatar as his work.

Attachments

• meatloaf.gif
    meatloaf.gif
    8 KB · Views: 37
Jeff Bacon's "Broadside", of course.

As a young ensign he was responsible for giving training to some of his troops and fellow officers. He illustrated his teaching points with cartoons, and it just sort of got out of hand from there.

He's an equal-opportunity artist who makes fun of every Navy community, and the other services as well. He told me once that he has a three-inch binder full of admiral's [-]hate mail[/-] retraction request letters.

This cartoon was originally published in 1993 when the earlier women's combat-exclusion law was repealed. He did the encore last year when the submarine force was opened to women:

Attachments

• Women on submarines.jpg
    Women on submarines.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 26
Real Life Adventures
0cb4ea707909012ee3c400163e41dd5b

The Duplex
351f5110e46c012da5c400163e41dd5b

Indexed
card28332-380x232.jpg

Savage Chickens
chickenbigfooteaster.jpg

Sinfest
2011-01-31.gif

XKCD
natural_parenting.png

No love yet for Bill Watterson? Creator of Calvin and Hobbes!

I also used to enjoy Foxtrot quite a bit, Dilbert is good, and I like Monroe (XKCD, mentioned above) more for the clever things he does than the humor, persay.

Saturday morning breakfast cereal is another decent online comic. The had a good one a day or two ago about the designed universe argument for god.

Scott Adams' Dilbert.
Wally is my hero.
Here is one of my favorites before I retired.

Dilbert comic strip for 06/22/2008 from the official Dilbert comic strips archive.

Edit. I would rather attach the strip but I am not sure about the copyrights. If it is OK, can somebody make the attachment please.

+1
My Favorite, when Wally tells his boss that he has enough money to retire anytime he wants! Had a T-shirt made, that I love to wear. :ROFLMAO:

Dilbert comic strip for 07/15/2010 from the official Dilbert comic strips archive.

Highly recommend Footrot Flats cartoon books by NZ cartoonist Murray Ball to you - I think that farmers and ranchers who have lived the broke down patch-it-up country life appreciate the truth in his cartooning - it just cracks me up!

Oh, I had one of his books that a friend bought me when she lived over there. She got it because of my border collies. I loved it--must unearth it and re-read. Thanks for the reminder.

Dilbert, Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side.

Foxtrot is reliably entertaining, as is Get Fuzzy.

I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I usually get a chuckle out of The Lockhorns

Everything I needed to know about FIRE I learned from this forum...:angel:

Attachments

• er.jpg
    er.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 27
Another big vote for "the Farside", love Gary's warped sense of humor.
Just wish he'd come back....

Another big vote for "the Farside", love Gary's warped sense of humor.
Just wish he'd come back....

He took early retirement and is sticking to it.

Good for him! But yeah, I miss them too.

Shoe:

tmsho150518.gif

tmsho150418.gif

Kliban is one of my all-time favorites.
Calvin and Hobbes is, too. Also Bloom County, Far Side, Doonesbury, Dilbert. (What is with Dilbert these days? They are doing re-runs, sometimes the same one in two weeks.) Also The Fabulous Freak Brothers. B. Crumb and a few disreputable ones I shall not mention.
Here are a couple of others.
I always read the comics, no matter where I am.
JFK was said to read 10 newspapers every day but never read the comics. Sad.

Attachments

• Ziggy.PNG
    Ziggy.PNG
    640.1 KB · Views: 19
  • GOOD GRIEF.jpg
    GOOD GRIEF.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom