Cash Flow in retirement

I like that idea for a few years, but what happens when RMD, SS and if you have a pension kicks in? We won't W/D from portfolio for 2-3 years but are pre planning "buckets" to avoid tax burden later. tIRA can be problematic at that point in time.
There are plenty of holes in my plan I'm sure of that. Lol What I'm trying to avoid till 65 (ACA) is trying to keep income to a very minimal legal amount.

After 65 then I will try to make a plan that will work best for my situation. I have had numbers run and I won't avoid not paying high taxes at RMD and SS time. Even if I took the exact amount now each year to stay in the lowest or lower tax bracket I still will be in the higher tax bracket at RMD time.

So, right or wrong I will just pay the tax on those high income years of RMD going forward till death. I look at it this way. I take what I have to each when RMD kicks in but still get to have the tax free money till I have to take out the next years etc..

Given that I am too young for SS or my frozen pension or to have unfettered access to my tIRA, I built my taxable portfolio 10 years ago to generate enough monthly and quarterly dividends (from a bond fund and stock fund) so together they will cover my expenses with a cushion left over. It's like 16 paychecks.

Holy Cow! I was going to ask this identical question for when we start our withdrawals in 2020, after DW retires.

Back
Top Bottom