Celebrating 1st day / night off the pills...

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
It finally happened I went to bed without an ibuprofen and it’s 9:30 AM and I haven’t had one either. It took 10 days for these implants to stop being intolerably sore...

I am ecstatic.

Glad you are healing and feeling better!

Glad to hear it.
Now you just have to figure out how to sleep later with your early morning wake up call from the pooch.

Glad you are feeling better.

I'm shocked, though, that you needed pain medication at all afterwards, much less for 10 days. I have had numerous dental implants. My oral surgeon always requires that I take one hydrocodone right afterwards, so that I am medicated when the Novacaine wears off. But I have never felt the need for any pain medication beyond that.

Glad you are feeling better.

I'm shocked, though, that you needed pain medication at all afterwards, much less for 10 days. I have had numerous dental implants. My oral surgeon always requires that I take one hydrocodone right afterwards, so that I am medicated when the Novacaine wears off. But I have never felt the need for any pain medication beyond that.

Same here and never was prescribed any pain meds. I was OK the day of the surgery and the area was just a bit tender. Once the teeth were in (a few weeks later), it was like they were original.

I have varying degrees of success with dental procedures. Sometimes a piece of cake and only a very mild ache - other times I am in agony for several days. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. If the dentist offers pain meds I get the prescription filled just in case since I never how I will react.

Painkillers, even serious rx ones (when you could still get them :confused:) do NOT work on me. They just don't. Last time I had a hefty Rx for one some years back I just threw it out bc it did nothing. . . It is really weird.

I’ve had 2 other implants done 1 at a time and recovery wasn’t bad a couple days and I was fine. Understand I was never in agony the pills kept the soreness at bay. I didn’t brush there - only gently today for the first time. I still feel them and food has been deliberately soft. All in, I am not ready for any new implants soon ...knock on wood.

I recognize that this is a minor deal when you think about all medical issues.

I always fill the Rx and pop a couple of hydrocodone after implants and bone grafts and then store up the extras in case I have an emergency and need them.

Back
Top Bottom