Comforting Dreams of those passed away

I finally had a comforting dream about my momma a few nights ago.

She passed away in October of last year. I've had several dreams about her; unfortunately they have all been bad. They are too painful to talk about, but I will say she looked right through me. She never recognized me.

In the dream I had the other night, she was talking to me and looking in my eyes. (However, I don't remember what she was saying). I suddenly realized she was speaking clearly and what she said made sense. I looked at her and said, "You don't have Alzheimer's anymore..." She smiled, reached out to me and said, "No darlin'...I don't."

Yes, it was a comforting dream for me. :)

What a tough year you have had. Such a lovely image of your mother--maybe she wants you to forget about her illness and remember her in her and your happiest days together.

Maybe once a year or so I'll wake up and swear my mother (passed away in 1972) had been sitting at the end of the bed. It has been comforting through the years.

I dreamt of my father 2 days ago (he passed away in Sept last year). He died of various illness but in this dream, he was in excellent health - robust and talking and smiling with great health. I woke up and can't remember what he was saying but the fact that he looked so wonderful and with no pain really cheered me up a lot.

It's been going on a year and a half since my dear friend passed away. I still have comforting dreams of her. Last night in the dream she visited and we greeted each other. "Just a hello and how are you doing?" In the dream I've accepted that she has passed away, but at the same time haven't forgotten. I said (or just intuititively felt) to her "I'll give you a hug now before you go away" and she said "Sure, until next time"). We hugged and smiled, then I woke up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom