Costco refund

firewhen

Recycles dryer sheets
I had read something recently here about getting money back from Costco. I was an executive member, but did not spend $2,500 over the year, so my 2% back was not enough to cover the $50 additional cost for that membership. I spent the check I got and switched to regular membership. Then I read here that you can get them to give you the difference, but my local warehouse said no.

Do you have to ask for something specifically or call the 800 number?

I switched a couple of years back to executive because they chased me down and promised to make up the difference if the 2% didn't. First year was $165 and second year was $35. I pay online so never looked at the bill. When I inquired about my rebate they said it was in my bill. It's not a real check. You can only cash at Costco and they have expiration dates. My first one was long expired but I cashed them both last week with no problem. Didn't ask for $15 back for the second year as I figure I'm ahead and like to be able to get in early.

I think you asked the wrong guy. I can't imagine them not making up the difference.

We received only $40 this year but fortunately I saw that thread you mentioned here. I called the (800)# to ask about that and they told me it was their policy to give you the $50 minimum to make up for the extra cost of the Executive membership. My wife got it by asking at the local store w/o any problems.

I've never tried it, but the CS people told me the same thing when I upgraded, and a google search shows lots of people who have asked for and been given the difference.

....... and like to be able to get in early.

Do all Costco stores open early for business members??....seems ours doen't open at all until 10 AM and I didn't see anything on their web site......opening at 10 is why I do most of my shopping at Sam's as I'm an early bird...uhhhh....make that WAS an early bird when I was workin' all of the time....now I find that I still like to be an early bird when it comes to Sam's Club 'cause I'm not a crowd lovin' person :cool: :D

Last edited:
Many costco's open at 10 for business and executive members, 11 for regular members. Except on weekends, when everyone starts at once.

I regularly do the 10am opening during a weekday. Place is like a ghost town.

I called the 800 number and they were able to credit a refund to my credit card over the phone. They said the store should have been able to do this. It seems like there is no risk to switching back to an executive membership since the $50 extra cost is truly refundable for the difference.

Another small perk you get is the monthly magazine. While I was on the phone I asked about it and they said only executive members get it.

Thanks everyone.:)

Back
Top Bottom