Costco or Sam's Club or Keep Both?

Is it still a fixed markup?

And y'all need to bring back supreme pizzas, not just cheese or pepperoni!
For years my "GO TO" pizza was Costco Supreme. I was a regular once a week customer until they were discontinued. Now I buy Papa Murphy's on Tuesdays. If Costco brought back the "loaded" pizza I could be tempted to buy again.

Cheers!

Due to the distance, I don't spend enough there each year to justify the Executive membership, but I feel I get more than my money's worth out of the regular card.

Same here, but I get the Executive membership, just in case we go wild in our spending and earn more than the extra it costs.

Should we fail, which is about every year, I just have them refund the executive extra fee just before renewal time.

I'm a GM for Costco and have worked for this incredible Company 34 years. If you want chips, green beans and the basics, we are about the same. With most other things it isn't even close. We are the second largest seller of cars in America because people trust us for pricing. Our travel has incredible deals and you will not find a cheaper rental car anywhere. Our fresh food (Meat, bakery & Deli are actually fresh. We don't sell discounted and green meat, pumpkin pie is made fresh and we sell the most in the world. Our pizza in the food court weighs twice as much as any competitor for $9.95. The Kirkland brand is top notch and does over 88 billion in sales. That alone is one of the largest companies in the world. Our top tier gas was rated the highest quality in America, Sam's was rated the worst. I could go on for days, but I'm sure people get the point. The last thing is a topped out cashier at Costco makes about 70k a year and the benefit package is worth another 30-40k. Sam's managers don't even make that. Hope this helps some.

I've noticed the packages of store hamburger (ground meat) is "use by next day" ALL the time. I finally asked a worker, guess he didn't get your memo. He said they take the meat that hasn't sold in the display case, and grind it to hamburger and mark it use within 1 day.

Seems like that is selling old meat, as ground meat I buy at other grocery stores is good for a few days to a week !!

Anyone going to Costco can see this, at least around here.

^^^^^^^^^ And y'all need to bring back supreme pizzas, not just cheese or pepperoni! Yep!

Costco only. Sam's employees are rude and I can never find anyone to help. Costco is cleaner, well lit and the employees seem happy to help. Never had an issue with a refund without the receipt. The checkout lines are fast with plenty of help. The deli has great pre-made food from ribs to salads.

It has never been a fixed markup. The maximum markup is 14%, but some items are as low as 1-2%. We basically mark items up to pay the bills and almost all profits come from membership dollars. As a whole we are by far the best price, but some stores beat us on loss leaders. We don't play the loss leader game. The only time we sell below cost is if we make a bad purchase and need to discount it to clear out inventory.

The employee you spoke to was misinformed. We use what is called bull meat and tubes to make our ground beef, and we throw in trimmings and any red meat that has lost its bloom. Almost all other stores ship their meat in already packaged and it is gassed to maintain its color. Costco has the freshest ground beef you can buy. Once again we are easily the largest ground beef seller probably in the world. My store alone sold a million dollars worth last year. I would assume people are satisfied. The one day sell by date is our policy to make sure we sell the freshest product. Just like rotisserie chickens only get two hours to see. Every other retailer leaves them in the case all day.

Back
Top Bottom