CPAP users, do you use a CPAP cleaner?

ERObjd

Recycles dryer sheets
I have had a CPAP since 2009, took me a year before I got used to wearing it all night long. Most nights for the first few months I would end up taking it off. Now used to it with no issues wearing it. But there was an adjustment period for sure getting used to the nose mask and 13psi of air blasting down my throat. I do not use the humidifier heated air option, I prefer the dry air over damp heated air and it is one less thing to clean.

Anyway , I have always wondered how those CPAP cleaners are. One brand is "SoClean" and they run about $300 and use ozone and oxygen to clean the machine and components.

I just clean my mask, nose pad and hose in hot water and regular dishsoap every day. I dont find the task of cleaning mask and hose very difficult or time consuming takes maybe 5 minutes at most.

Just wondering if anyone one here uses those electric CPAP cleaners and if they are worth it.

I am curious about this as well. I have been using a CPAP since 2012 and have never cleaned anything. Ever. My wife thinks it's gross. Would definitely use something like the SoClean if people endorse it.

I just use a mild soap and hot water. Replace mask and tubing every 6 months or so.

I spoke to my sleep Dr. who is a leading expert in this area of practice. He indicated that soap and water cleaning and air drying once a week is all you need. Since only you use the CPAP hoses, mask etc. its all "your own germs" and those cleaning devices are really not necessary. Of course I found this out after buying a nice UV cleaning machine!

I clean my mask and the hose everyday and change the filter ever 90 days or so. The VA sends me a new mask ,hose and filters about every 6 months. I tell them i have enough hoses,as the hose never wear out. What wears out is the velcro straps and the nose pads. But they keep sending the hose anyways, since it comes in a kitnose pads hose and velcro head strap. I probably have 20 hoses now. I figure cleaning with soap is good enough, a cleaning machine would just be something else to take up room in the house and something else to plug in and use up electricity.

Been using CPAP for 20 years. I never clean my equipment and I just recently got reprimanded for not replacing my tube and mask for 18 months. If it's not broke, don't fix it.:)

I am curious about this as well. I have been using a CPAP since 2012 and have never cleaned anything. Ever. My wife thinks it's gross. Would definitely use something like the SoClean if people endorse it.

I'm with you. I clean the tank every once in a while with vinegar. My neighbor thinks I'm trying to commit suicide by not cleaning it every day.

apria healthcare makes you think you need new mask and hose, etc every month...I buy the pieces off amazon and replace the quattro medium mask cushions and hoses about every 3 months. Sort of expensive, but have good hsa to ease the pain (insurance doesn't cover for me).

I use soclean device just because it smells clean - then when it is ready, I wipe the interior of the mask with an alchohol cpap cleaning cloth and leave the cloth in their until i go to bed.

About once every 2 weeks i go with hot water and soap and let it soak before rinsing

Back
Top Bottom