Crazy Verizon method to update card expiration

NameTaken2

Recycles dryer sheets
Gonna blow off some steam:
Got replacement Credit/Debit cards with new expiration dates and CVV2.
Updated Verizon Fios autopay CC expiration date and CVV2 -no problem.
Update for Verizon Wireless autopay debit card can not be done independently online. Required calling a rep to confirm, then working w/them to cancel the card (AND autopay), then enter SAME card with new date and CVV2, then rep had to restart autopay!
AutoPay restarts 12/27, but a payment due 12/16. They said it should have the autopay discount -we'll see.
The rep entered notes in my acct to ensure I'm refunded if there's an issue -which of course would require another call to straighten out.

Rep agreed this was an annoying and unusual requirement to simply update a card expiration date, and they agreed to enter my feedback.

I've never had to do that, and I have many accounts on autopay. As long as the card number remains the same, they automatically update it to the new expiration date.

I've never had to do that, and I have many accounts on autopay. As long as the card number remains the same, they automatically update it to the new expiration date.

Are you using a debit card for any autopays?
That's the only difference with this, but don't know why it would change the update process.
Never run into this either -that's why it blew my mind b/c Verizon wants everyone paying by debit card (related discount) then uses an update process that ties up reps and customer to process every card update(?)

I’ve had to update my expiration date with several merchants where I have autopay set up.

I have had both.... some updated automatically and some I had to update when they sent a note saying they did not get paid...

Not sure why things are different... but now will go update when I get my new card next year...

Back
Top Bottom