Croaking

boont

Recycles dryer sheets
What's on your "to do before you croak" list?

boont

Eat a few flies and hop around a little bit.

Not travel, that's for sure - - I spent much of my childhood back in the 1950's out of the country, because my father was eager to travel. BTDT.

Let's see. "To do before I croak":

1) I would really, REALLY like to write a book. This would not be for publication, but just to have had the experience of putting one together, completing it, and making it flow. I have written (thrown together?) a few scientific publications that were book length, but they weren't exactly gripping. In contrast, I'd like this book to be an exercise in the craft of writing - - aimed at a wider audience, and written skillfully and artfully to pull the reader into it and have him sitting on the edge of his seat in anticipation.

2) I want to do something idealistic, to better the lives of people in the community. Haven't thought of what, yet. When the time comes, I'll know what it is.

3) I want to follow wherever my insatiable curiousity leads me. There are so many things I need to know before I croak.

4) I want to sleep in on a Monday!!!!

On a serious vein:
  1. finish getting my pilot's license (started in 1969)
  2. restore a couple of cars that are wasting space in my garage
  3. teach the kids about money
  4. whatever the hell I want (since I am FI & RE)
The rest of you?

The short list

Live in Europe for a while.

Build a barn on the ranch

Buy an old Model A

Finish the book

Catch the redhead

b.

Things to do before I croak

1. keep on breathing until at least 62 so that I can recieve my first SS check.

2. wait for the kids to leave so that I can chase my wife around the house.

3. instill in my children the religious morals and values which will lead them to heaven.

4. When in H.S we do a to do list and over the years we add and substract from it. My last wishes is to go to a Vincente Fernandez concert and an Ana Gabriel concert.

GOD BLESS:smitten:

Save and learn to invest so that DH can say "I'm outta here" to Mega Corp.

After his retirement, I'll have a new "croak" list.

Well, I am jealous as all get-out now.
When that son of mine finishes law school, he'd better get to hopping and find him a female....and reproduce.
Lucky you!

1. Check out South America (Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, etc.) with extended stays. Includes improving my Spanish.
2. Learn blues guitar. Maybe my kids will teach me.
3. Ummm....Stuff.

i could croak today and not feel at all cheated. but since i'm stuck here i might as well enjoy myself.

1. more sex
2. another jack daniels if you please
3. spend at least one (in my entire life) or preferably 10 holiday seasons without hearing a single carol or jingle.
4. spend a few years living the life of national geographic instead of watching it on t.v.
5. i want to play with a baby elephant & hug a lion.

I want to spend about a month in Thailand and Chiang Mai taking cooking classes and visiting the Elephant Sactuary.

Want to do a back to back Alaskan cruise to visit my brother.

I would like to see more of Europe and to see southern India but that is all on hold because we are going to Thailand.

Climb a mountain, ride a bull, drive a racecar at 200 mph around a track....stuff like that.

1) I would really, REALLY like to write a book. This would not be for publication, but just to have had the experience of putting one together, completing it, and making it flow. I have written (thrown together?) a few scientific publications that were book length, but they weren't exactly gripping. In contrast, I'd like this book to be an exercise in the craft of writing - - aimed at a wider audience, and written skillfully and artfully to pull the reader into it and have him sitting on the edge of his seat in anticipation.
When you do this, I know a book binder who does one off books. I did one for a friend for a Christmas present. Her name is Virginia Westray and you can see more at Virginia Westray

When you do this, I know a book binder who does one off books. I did one for a friend for a Christmas present.

Thanks, though you're right, I've got to write it first! Once I do, the ER forum will be the first to know. :) I seriously doubt I'll want a vanity publication but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom