Croaking

I've surfed thru this thread repeatedly and am bugged. Years ago my landlady who was about my current age croaked (as you say) suddenly. Some of her co-workers came over and one of them picked up a piece of paper; it was her "to-do list" for the next day's errands. He slowly read it and said philosophically, "we all have our lists."

I want to be, not become, I don't want to aspire to any more resume items. I want to live without a "to do list."

But living without a list is a crock because recent experience tells me I cannot even buy a bottle of vanilla without putting it on eight different lists.

I've surfed thru this thread repeatedly and am bugged. Years ago my landlady who was about my current age croaked (as you say) suddenly. Some of her co-workers came over and one of them picked up a piece of paper; it was her "to-do list" for the next day's errands. He slowly read it and said philosophically, "we all have our lists."

I want to be, not become, I don't want to aspire to any more resume items. I want to live without a "to do list."

But living without a list is a crock because recent experience tells me I cannot even buy a bottle of vanilla without putting it on eight different lists.

Maybe instead of a list, a concept would suit your style better. If you have a concept of fulfillment to experience in retirement, you wouldn't need a list. You could BE the list.

Not even someone who relies heavily on lists, would need one for that. If you did, your list would simply have one item: "Live well".

• retire in 5 years
  • move to dream location
  • oversee philanthropic fund
  • pick up old hobbies: art, writing for pleasure, gourmet cooking
  • exercise every day
  • golf
  • entertain friends
  • see India

• milk
  • orange jiuce
  • bananas
  • eggs
  • toilet paper
  • remember the location of the list...:duh:

work/own an art gallery.
get my tongue pierced again....had to take it out for mega corp job.
live in italy for a year.
retire early.
find a nice guy.

Back
Top Bottom