Current Covid Booster - September 2023

I am 67. I have had 2 AstraZeneca and one Moderna. It has been 18 months since the Moderna. I never got the bivalent. In early 2022 I, my wife and most people I knew got mild cases of Covid. We stopped taking precautions a year ago and haven’t seen a sign of Covid since. We are living in Thailand.

I had my RSV vaccine last Saturday. Pharmacist advised to wait 2 weeks after RSV for Covid vaccine. My plan is to get new Covid vaccine 2 weeks after RSV. Then I will get the flu shot around the end of October. I will be set.

I signed up yesterday at CVS for the new-updated vaccine at CVS. The earliest date they had was Sept. 18 so they are shipping quickly.

Getting flu shot next week.

Not getting any more Covid vaccines. We've both had Covid and 3 Covid vaccines. Done with that.

I just checked the CVS online vaccine scheduler, and it appears they are accepting appointments for the new XBB booster already. Seems as if they are labeling it the "COVID-19 2023-2024" vaccine. Appointments available near me as early as Saturday.

Then I will get the flu shot around the end of October. I will be set.

Same here. Many virologists and epidemiologists believe it's best to wait until October or even early November to get the flu shot.

After 3 original Pfizers and 1 bivalent Pfizer last September, I'm done with covid shots. I will get a flu shot late this month or early in October.

Mod Note: This thread is here for awareness for those who are interested in the new boosters. It is not here for personal posturing re covid or vaccines in general. If you aren't interested, the back button is your friend.

I'm keeping mine for a few years because it's possible some countries may still require proof ?

I doubt it. I will take my card with me because last time they filled out a new CDC card. Otherwise I leave it at home. I don’t expect to use it for travel.

I have taken a photocopy of my vaccination card just in case during international travel but never had to show it. I plan to keep my original card as there’s no reason not to.

DH and I both had Covid in May so infection was probably with one of the recent strains. Has anyone heard what the recommendation is for getting the new vaccine for folks like us?

Last article I read was CDC advising/recommending the updated booster for all 6 months and older

DH and I will be getting annual flu, updated covid and RSV, just need to get them scheduled. Will space them out though.

I'm keeping my card with my passport and global entry card. It's full. When I get the booster this year, I'm going to ask for a new card. It's easy and I know where to find it.

I'm keeping my card with my passport and global entry card. It's full. When I get the booster this year, I'm going to ask for a new card. It's easy and I know where to find it.

I'm already on my second card. I'll have another entry in it when I get the new booster, probably next week.

Just made an appointment for the new Covid Booster on 9/25 at CVS. I had the RSV vaccine last Saturday and pharmacist said to wait 2 weeks before I get the Covid booster. I will wait and get the flu vaccine toward the end of October. My doctor recommends that his patients wait to get flu shot until the end of October.

My wife had her flu shot last week and I will go this week. She plans on getting a Covid shot once it is available. I may go for the RSV first then wait a couple of weeks before a covid booster.
We still wear masks, keep our distance, and wash our hands. It's no real inconvenience for us to take precautions. It doesn't cost us anything, we have never had a reaction to the vaccines, and if it ever turns out that they weren't necessary and we never have negative effects then I don't see a downside.

Cheers!

Just made an appointment for the new Covid Booster on 9/25 at CVS. I had the RSV vaccine last Saturday and pharmacist said to wait 2 weeks before I get the Covid booster. I will wait and get the flu vaccine toward the end of October. My doctor recommends that his patients wait to get flu shot until the end of October.

Did your doctor elaborate as to why he wants to wait for the flu shot? The sequence is already locked in, so it is not like you stand to get a more up to date vaccine. Is the doc worried that potency might fall off after a month or two? I don't think that is realistically the case, but maybe? It is already end of September so we are only talking about a month. Perhaps not worth the argument, but I am curious about the rationale.

Back
Top Bottom