Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a 14 day streak with 10 "5's", and zero "6's". But play conservatively, using strategic words to identify the most letters possible. I got lucky with a "2" and a "3" one time each, but mostly I type 4 "letter coverage" words, then make a word from the hits.

Wordle 225 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got it in 5 today, so I'm 4,4,3,3,5,4,6,4,4,4,3,4,4,5 so far.

I'm getting a bit less analytical on the early guesses. As soon as I find a couple of words that fit that have lots of common letters, I go with one of them. I figure that at the early stage, any hits and eliminations help, I don't think there is a whole lot of optimization to be done, too many unknowns, so kind of 6 of one, half-dozen of the other.

Then when it's been whittled down a bit, I'll do a full mapping of the possibilities. At that point, it's not such a large map.

-ERD50

Wordle 225 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Only one letter to guess from until I got it... but I eliminated a lot of wrong letters in the first three tries

I've got a 14 day streak with 10 "5's", and zero "6's". But play conservatively, using strategic words to identify the most letters possible. I got lucky with a "2" and a "3" one time each, but mostly I type 4 "letter coverage" words, then make a word from the hits.

Wordle 225 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Same strategy for me.

I stupidly moved a green OUT of its position, likely costing me a guess. I thought hard mode wouldn't let me do that?! (To be fair, I play fairly quickly and not too carefully.)

It won't. So my guess is that either (a) you're not playing the original Wordle at https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle - you're playing one of the knockoffs of which there are many, or (b) you thought you turned Hard Mode on but either didn't turn it on or accidentally turned it off.

I've attached an image of what it looks like for me, and I think I'm playing the original site in Hard Mode. Note the top setting in green.

Attachments

• hardmode.jpg
    hardmode.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 17
Today was a "twilight zone" wordle. DW and I had a conversation just before I played... one of the words in the conservation came to mind after my first 2 guesses, and I nailed it.

Attachments

• wordle-20220130.jpg
    wordle-20220130.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 82
Wordle 225 4/6

��⬜��⬜⬜
����⬜����
����⬜����
����������

Wordle 225 5/6

[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]🟨
[emoji834]🟩[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]
[emoji834]🟩🟩[emoji834][emoji834]
[emoji834]🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Today's word depends on your luck, not your skill.

Wordle 226 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Unlike yesterday, I couldn't think of an alternative that fit, so good thing it was this word!

So I get 4 out of 5 on my first guess. Should be easy? NO! I was sweating bullets. Right from the start, I could think of 7 words (seven!) to fit the pattern. I'm playing "hard mode" so I didn't just pick random words to get rid of letters. I easily could have lost this.

Wordle 226 5/6

⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Just made it in 6 today. Streak at 15.

Wordle 226 3/6

⬜⬜��⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜����
����������

Status