Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m undefeated since starting on the daily wordle but have missed a couple when going back and playing one from the archives each day.

It’s definitely become part of my routine though. My Internet was down early this morning and it threw my whole day off.

Wordle 236 4/6*

?[emoji833]?[emoji833][emoji833]
:confused:[emoji833]?
??[emoji833]??
:confused:??

Wordle 236 3/6

��⬜��⬜⬜
����⬜����
����������

I forgot the word so I went back in and it looks like it’s part of the NYT’s now. It also looks like I lost my data that was capturing my streak. Ugh! Did this happen to everyone or did I maybe delete a cookie or something?

Hasn't changed for me.

I must have done something. I had some issues with my add blocker today and that probably did something. I did notice the website address is nyt now. That might have changed and I just didn’t notice.

Mine switched from powerlanguage to nyt and lost my solve. So I put in the correct word and it said I was a genius for getting the word in a single try!

yeah i just refreshed. Looks like it keeps your total but restarts your current streak

Mine switched from powerlanguage to nyt and lost my solve. So I put in the correct word and it said I was a genius for getting the word in a single try!

Identical for me!

It kept all my stats, so I now have a "1" score on my "permanent record." :D

Got it in 3 today, still no losses here, or in my 17 archive games.

My son-in-law plays it FAST. They were over last night, and he went into the archive, and got three or four in a row in maybe a minute each! I guess I get too analytical for that, or he's just better at coming up with words. He says he does often punch in something that gets rejected as "not a word", but it seems to work for him.

Today's was the fastest I ever got I think, too just ~ 2 minutes for me. The archive took me much longer.

-ERD50

I take my time at this with no real clock concerns. After all, I'm retired and not looking for a job.

I wonder if as we age our brains are slower at solving puzzles. When I play online chess I'm usually the slowest player to move. I imagine most of those players are 20 to 60 years younger. But in online chess I have no baseline to compare against my younger self. :confused: :)

I take my time at this with no real clock concerns. After all, I'm retired and not looking for a job.

I wonder if as we age our brains are slower at solving puzzles. When I play online chess I'm usually the slowest player to move. I imagine most of those players are 20 to 60 years younger. But in online chess I have no baseline to compare against my younger self. :confused: :)

Right, I don't want to push myself to solve it fast either. I just started keeping time out of curiosity. For me, part of the 'fun' is the analysis, and I'll take my time with that. I was just pretty surprised at how fast my son-in-law could solve them, no way could I come up with words that fast.

Age is probably a factor as well.

-ERD50

We had a letter frequency discussion upthread. I created several sets of starter words "by hand", and have been using the one set that I remember, but it isn't the statistically optimal set using the letter frequency as a guide. But I've upped my game...

Tonight I wrote a quick program to create 3 word starter sets. It's a brute force approach. Take 3 words from inside the Wordle app at random and extract the letters. Then, starting with the entire list of answer words, remove those extracted letters. The more letters removed, the higher the score. I've noticed that if 9600 or more letters are removed by using the letters from 3 words, that's a pretty good starter set.

So I'm going to let this run overnight and see how many 3 word sets it comes up with that remove more than 9600 letters. It's been running for about 15 minutes and it has come up with only two sets (scores 9602 and 9660), so I think I have the cutoff defined pretty well.

Sengsational, your letters frequency chart in #30 post helped me to think about good starter words. After that I prefer to ditch the mathematical thinking in favor of word play.

Today, the first day on the NYT site, was a FAIL for me. Could not get it in 6 tries. And I screwed up one of my guesses by omitting one of the letters (though I guess not under the rules of easy mode). Well, I do have a headache.

Now that it's at the NYT I don't get any history/percentage report, so the streak is gone.

Strange that they wouldn't bother to include that part of the code from the UK website.

Wordle 237 4/6

⬜?⬜⬜?
?⬜⬜?⬜
?⬜⬜??

Mine must have redirected. I noticed it after the fact and didn't see any difference.

Wordle 237 4/6

[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]??
[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]??
:confused:?[emoji834]

Got today's using easy mode tricks. I think I would have failed in hard mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom