Days outta buddameouk!

As a counter point, next time you see a film from the WWII era (or older), notice how thin everyone is. Actually, even later.
It's amazing what war rationing & smoking can do for a physique!

I'm waiting for an evidence-based medicine study on whether the shorter lifespans of the obese use more medical resources (and cost more) than the longer lifespans of the skinny. Seems as if the problem should be largely (so to speak) self-correcting...

Yes, IIRC, studies showed that if people stopped being obese, and stopped smoking, health care costs would first go down, but then go up as people lived longer.

Was his name Fred? I think he was shot in Alabama a few weeks ago by a young boy with a pistol. Fred is dead.

Youse guys got me hongry now. There's a White's cafe in Salem that offers a mess: a good sized plate heaped with real hot hash browns with onions and green peppers, ham and bacon, topped with two eggs and drowned in sausage gravy. Might even have been some tomatoes in there.Biscuits on the side. Was in about a month ago and made it through an honest half, brought the rest home and we had it for lunch the next day. They did a good job on it - not that I'm adverse to the large bowl of oatmeal with walnuts and raisins, butter, brown sugar, and milk that starts nearly all my days.

calmloki, remember "Blazing Saddles", well hold a gun to your head and threaten to do yourself in if you even think about that "mess" at White Castles again. I went into a White Castles in Speedway, IN because being a NC, FL, CA, Eur/Asian resident I had never had the pleasure. I ordered one burger. They all looked shocked. Like, WTF?

After eating it (3/4), I knew it was my last. Same for Krystal.

If someone can tell me how to post a viewable size photo, I will take a picture of my Mayo Clinic lipid reading from last week. Total HDL and LDL less than 98 with HDL (good one, higher than the bad). So, am I like a stud or what?

calmloki, remember "Blazing Saddles", well hold a gun to your head and threaten to do yourself in if you even think about that "mess" at White Castles again. I went into a White Castles in Speedway, IN because being a NC, FL, CA, Eur/Asian resident I had never had the pleasure. I ordered one burger. They all looked shocked. Like, WTF?

After eating it (3/4), I knew it was my last. Same for Krystal.

If someone can tell me how to post a viewable size photo, I will take a picture of my Mayo Clinic lipid reading from last week. Total HDL and LDL less than 98 with HDL (good one, higher than the bad). So, am I like a stud or what?

OAP,
Ahh - but no, not a gut slug or a slider from the castle, but a mess from a local restaurant dishing up food since like 1928. Quite sure i got my full quota of cholesterol and fat, but this was well worth the price. If I'm gonna hog down stuff that's not too good for me it needs to be REALLY good in the flavor department. You the stud though - total cholesterol of 136 with HDL 53 here - and that's with 20mg of Lipitor and 5 days/week of exercise.

Arent White Castle burgers called "sliders":p

Yep! Or "belly bombs"! Our nearest White Castle is about 40 miles away, but when we did get there, we'd each order "one bag o' belly bombs, please".

Another good one is Culver's 'butter burger'. Mmmmmm!

I really like both White Castle and Culver's.....that's why I try to stay away.....They aren't the healthiest thing out there. ;)

calmloki, got ya. Sounds like the "mess" place would be maighty, I say miaghty, tempting (insert foghorn leghorn voice).

I left San Fran on 25,May (mem. day weekend), weighing 157 and by the time I hit Mayo Clinic on the 30th, I had lost 2 lbs, when I hit NC on 02, Jun, I weighed 158, so Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina = 1/2 lb per state.

I figure if I drive back via South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, San Fran, I will weigh 400 lbs.

Lofty goal. That's 20lbs per state. Dats a lot a buddameouk!:confused:

calmloki, got ya. Sounds like the "mess" place would be maighty, I say miaghty, tempting (insert foghorn leghorn voice).

I left San Fran on 25,May (mem. day weekend), weighing 157 and by the time I hit Mayo Clinic on the 30th, I had lost 2 lbs, when I hit NC on 02, Jun, I weighed 158, so Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina = 1/2 lb per state.

I figure if I drive back via South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, San Fran, I will weigh 400 lbs.

Lofty goal. That's 20lbs per state. Dats a lot a buddameouk!:confused:

Plenty of fried catfish here OAP. How about if I whip up a mess for ya OAP?;)

OAP,
Eating out will put on the pounds - See if you can get a small cooler and make some healthy meals for yourself

Nah, fill that cooler with sports drink, aka "beer"...

And a side of gravy.

"The biggest fool to ever hit the bigtime, and all I gotta do is, act naturally..."

Back
Top Bottom