Death Clock~ give it a try.

Dang - it said I live to be 99.5. I suppose this is possible as longevity is a family habit, but still it seems unlikely. I am under-funded is this is the case... :(

Interesting and entertaining. It appears that the "mode" a person is in is more important than the BMI. An optimistic mode gives you around 17 years longer life than a normal mode for a good BMI. I happen to have a desirable BMI, so I guess I'll work on keeping an optimistic mode and I'm supposed to have another 47 years of life as opposed to 19 years on a normal mode. Guess I'll be living optimistically on bread and water when money runs out.

According to this I'll live until about 2074. I'll tell my cardiologist he can stop worrying about me now.

Mode isn't a person's attitude, it's how optimistic or pessimistic you want the estimate to be. It's pretty poorly worded, but if you click through to how to improve your odds it takes you to a cholesterol site. If the mode was about attitude, the click-through would be to a power of positive thinking site.

The "good" news is that we can all raise our SWRs to 9.6%...
According to the Mayan calendar and your view of it, December 21, 2012 could be the end for us all.....

33% SWR anyone? :angel:

Uh..not only do different modes give different dates, the optimistic and pessimistic modes each give different dates when clicked repeatedly. Is this "pick a date"?
I'm glad I'm not pessimistic - otherwise I would have died 7 years ago...

Mode isn't a person's attitude, it's how optimistic or pessimistic you want the estimate to be. It's pretty poorly worded, but if you click through to how to improve your odds it takes you to a cholesterol site. If the mode was about attitude, the click-through would be to a power of positive thinking site.

Don't go all scientific on us and spoil it for us optimists :LOL:

I wonder what "sadistic" mode means? :LOL:

I checked on a hale and hearty older acquaintance. The clock says he died 6 years ago!!

A.

Oh goody! I'm gonna be a leach on the pension system for another 30 years if I'm optimistic.

OTOH, if I take the sadistic view I died in 1984. Dang....

Here's a somewhat more scientific life expectancy calculator:

Life expectancy calculator - MSN Money

It gave me a life expectancy of 102. Uh oh - I only plan to age 95 when I use FireCalc! :eek:

I got exactly the same age, 93, but I like this better as it tells me that my ideal weight is 6lbs higher than my target weight ;) (I like to be below 175, but it says I should be 181).

Here's a somewhat more scientific life expectancy calculator:

Life expectancy calculator - MSN Money

It gave me a life expectancy of 102. Uh oh - I only plan to age 95 when I use FireCalc! :eek:

Here's my read-out. Certainly is less of a downer than the Death Clock. I was really amazed to find that not drinking or driving under the influence was a negative factor! To think I have been doing it wrong all these years - I'd better go out and get a DUI right away! :rolleyes:
Also, like Alan, I was surprised to learn that my "ideal weight" is about 10 pounds more than I had always been told by doctors (135 pounds)...true, I had to enter my height as 5 feet 8 inches, instead of the 5 feet 7.5 inches it actually is, but that should not make 10 pounds' difference.

AnswerLife Expectancy102DetailsIdeal Weight145Biggest positive factorsAge,Age of parents,GenderBiggest negative factorsFamily health,Driving under the influence,DrinkingAssumptions & SimplificationsThis calculator uses the averages for life expectancy based on your age, sex, family history and personal lifestyle.

Here's my read-out. Certainly is less of a downer than the Death Clock. I was really amazed to find that not drinking or driving under the influence was a negative factor! To think I have been doing it wrong all these years - I'd better go out and get a DUI right away! :rolleyes:
Interesting, when I told it I'd had a DUI, it subtracted 6 years. Feel free to get one, not me.:D

Death Clock at normal pegged me at 79. Optimistic at 97. My family's history suggests mid-80s. Sadistic had me dying last year!

The life expectancy calculator says 102. Eeek! That's a long time...

50 more years! I really had not planned on living until 90...ok - here we go! Thank goodness my income in those days will be COLA'd!

Holy Bats! the MSN calculator has me living until 91!

Thanks for that!

Boy - that is pretty scary - I guess weight and smoking are the only variables to life expectancy. So if i was a thin alcoholic - I will live to 100.

;-)

:blush:

Back
Top Bottom