Did ebay Buyer Just Play Some Dirty Pool?

Very ethical.

Well from what I have seen, it is just fine in auto auctions....

I have watched a few and they have said that if the price did not have a reserve and the price is low then the actual owner can bid and buy it back... he just pays the commission....

So, I do not have a problem with doing it on Ebay... even though they probably do...

As of this moment, the guy that won hasn't paid the 99 cents yet as the winning bidder. I bet he's probably just busy being a Saturday and all.

Or, maybe he has buyer's remorse as he contacted me yesterday before winning asking if there was a way I could ship at a cheaper rate :LOL:. Maybe he just bidded at 99 cents thinking, no way he'd win and now he's stuck with the transaction too.

As of this moment, the guy that won hasn't paid the 99 cents yet as the winning bidder. I bet he's probably just busy being a Saturday and all.

Or, maybe he has buyer's remorse as he contacted me yesterday before winning asking if there was a way I could ship at a cheaper rate :LOL:. Maybe he just bidded at 99 cents thinking, no way he'd win and now he's stuck with the transaction too.

Now I'm curious, can you give us a link to the item ? , or just tell us what it was ?

Maybe you can make up the difference on the shipping costs :eek:

If I forgot to put a reserve on an item having a friend bid it up to want I want for a reserve wouldn't bother me one bit... if they don't like it so what?

Better than giving it away because of a mistake.

You can pull or revise auctions, if you "forgot" or made a mistake up until the time there is a bid on it.

Now I'm curious, can you give us a link to the item ? , or just tell us what it was ?

Maybe you can make up the difference on the shipping costs :eek:

The shipping cost was based on zip code. Actual cost of postage, not flat rate. The bidder (he didn't win at the time) asked if I could ship at a lower speed for less cost. I said no. One, not sure if I could do that mid auction. Two, figured since looked like he was going to win at 99 cents for something I paid about $250 about 5 years ago, I figured wouldn't break his bank to pay the first class shipping :LOL:.

As for making up the difference in shipping, that won't happen. I get a 5% (I think) discount on shipping through ebay. So if the cost of shipping is $20, then I get 5% off that which is only $1 off if my math is correct.

Last edited:
You can pull or revise auctions, if you "forgot" or made a mistake up until the time there is a bid on it.

About the shill bidding, so what if a friend or family member really wanted to buy and bidded. Does that automatically count as shill? Or does the bids have to have a fishy pattern? Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom