Do you sing?

Another church choir singer (alto) here. Like Gumby, I occasionally join a community chorus as well, but have been too busy recently. I generally whistle/hum rather than sing when I'm doing stuff around the house or (especially) shopping. Usually it's whatever anthem we sang the previous Sunday...gets stuck in my head.

Although I have decent range and sight-reading skills, I don't like the way my voice sounds solo. I have thought about taking a few voice lessons to see if I can smooth out my tone a bit so I'd be comfortable doing the occasional solo line.

Although I have decent range and sight-reading skills, I don't like the way my voice sounds solo. I have thought about taking a few voice lessons to see if I can smooth out my tone a bit so I'd be comfortable doing the occasional solo line.

Just go near a military base. They'll make you sing, soldier.

I sing and whistle around the house now and then. Never was a big fan of singers until I went to a soprano recital at a local college. Hooked. Does something for me.

+2

I was listening to my iPod(earbuds) while folding laundry yesterday, singing away. DH came in the room to see what was wrong and said I was scaring the dog! It was Deep Purple's Space Truckin, so what do you expect! :LOL:

When I had a dog, if I sang the dog howled. I guess that says something....

Another church choir singer (alto) here. Like Gumby, I occasionally join a community chorus as well, but have been too busy recently. I generally whistle/hum rather than sing when I'm doing stuff around the house or (especially) shopping. Usually it's whatever anthem we sang the previous Sunday...gets stuck in my head.

Musicians and vocalists are often their own biggest critics. Luckily, most people in the audience are relatively tone deaf...

Do I sing? Not according to anyone who's ever heard me.

I would have loved to grow up in a family that sang all the time ! I am always singing. I sing a Church (too loud for my talents), I sing in the shower (the acoustics are great !) and I sing all the time around the house ... that is, when I'm not talking to myself around the house. My voice is probably on the low side of fair, but singing is a gift from God and I'm sure he doesn't hold judgment against us for singing poorly.

Cybill sings. What guy wouldn't dance with her when she sings "get hip"?

2x04 The Dream Sequence Always Rings Twice - YouTube

When I was a teenager I used to think that when I got older I would find a community where people would listen to music like this. Big Band stuff, Cole Porter, Gershwin and the like. I also had this odd idea that I could find people who would also listen to opera and classical and baroque music. Instead, most people my age continue to listen to the same stuff that I didn't like when I was a teenager in the 70's.

Fortunately, I did find a wife who also loves this stuff and we raised two daughters who also enjoy it.

One of my fears is that when I get old and unable to take care of myself, I'm going to end up in a nursing home where they will play songs from my teenage years to cheer me up. THAT would be sheer hell for me.

When I was a teenager I used to think that when I got older I would find a community where people would listen to music like this. Big Band stuff, Cole Porter, Gershwin and the like. I also had this odd idea that I could find people who would also listen to opera and classical and baroque music. Instead, most people my age continue to listen to the same stuff that I didn't like when I was a teenager in the 70's.

You found a community and in time :)

That clip is only from the 80s and had Orson Welles. I love Moonlighting.

You found a community and in time :)

That clip is only from the 80s and had Orson Welles. I love Moonlighting.

Oh, I know that clip was from the 80's, but the musical style is several decades earlier. One of the reasons I have always liked Woody Allen movies, even when I don't like the movie (if you follow me), is that I love his use of older musical styles.

Thanks for the welcome.

Oh, I know that clip was from the 80's, but the musical style is several decades earlier. One of the reasons I have always liked Woody Allen movies, even when I don't like the movie (if you follow me), is that I love his use of older musical styles.

Thanks for the welcome.

Oh! I didn't know you were new!

I told ya I love ya now get out!

Kidding. Warm welcome.

Back
Top Bottom