Drying bath towels

It has come to my attention that there is some interest in magic drying balls, there size, shape and other facts.

They are blue balls, about the size of tennis balls. They are covered with little teats to increase the surface area I guess. The package says

"Softens fabrics, decreases drying time, hypoallergenic, save money on fabric softener, dryer sheets and energy!"

Also says you will get even better results if you use 4 balls. It emphasizes that "they are reusable, over and over again!!"

This last part has me sold, as I am weary of single use balls.

Ha

Thanks very much for sharing, Ha--as one of the interested parties in the reusable blue balls, I am delighted to learn more about these devices.

Considering I am both a busy housewife and professional lady-folk, I am always appreciative of things that might make my domestic duties more pleasant.

:cool::hide:

Blue balls the size of tennis balls. Serious case. Towel drying. Some research subject.:whistle:

To think in my single years my front loading Equator washer dryer was the hamper. When full of clothes towels, etc. add soap slam door shut. Hit go button. Off to w*rk When I got home from w*rk remove clean and dry stuff, put on hangers or fold.

Repeat.

I have looked at these balls many times but I've never been convinced of their long term potential .I would think that after many loads they would not be at their peek performance and tend to make the other items not last as long and maybe even slightly limp.

handle%20with%20care.jpg

OK, ready for this? Here's the technique I use to put the water down the drain instead of on the towels.

1. Buy some microfiber camp towels (something like these).
  2. Cut them into squares about 8 x 8 inches.
  3. After your shower dry successive parts of your body, and squeeze the towel so that the water goes down the drain (e.g. dry hair, squeeze, dry arms, squeeze, etc.).
  4. You can finish off with a cozy real towel, but you'll be mostly dry at this point.
I do this because we have a problem with high humidity, so I want that moisture out of the room.

Just fyi - you can get "almost" the same results by using a damp washcloth in the same way.

Kindest regards,
spncity

This reminds me of the Dilbert cartoon where Wally asks: "After a shower I'm the cleanest thing in the house. Why would I wash my towel after I've used it?"

Thanks everyone!

Koolau

I would LOVE to be where you are! At any electricity rate.

Freebird

I tried hanging things up one time and it took a long time to dry and the towels stunk like mold after they were dry.....I think it's just too damp here....it rains so much. But besides that I have a family member that would freak out if I hung things up.

Dex

I know what you mean about global cooling. We saw record 15 year lows here this winter. Last summer it only hit 90* like twice. And we are into April now and it's still 30* and snowing...we had a record snowfall for yesterday or the day before.

TromboneAl

Overall (per year) the dryer is the #1 electricity user for us. The the air conditioner then refrigerator then the stove then everything else is a mix of stuff that uses a few bucks a month or less. If you ever go out and look at an electric meter when the dryer is running it just spins and spins. Per hour it uses maybe 7 times the next closest electricity user.

Rustyshakleford

I have a front loader and it saves so much water over the old top loader and is much more quiet. I leave the door open also.

Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom