Eagle nest cams

Same here - a lot more eagles in the last few years. My hot spot is at the junction of 2 rivers. We only have bald eagles. The eagles sit high in the trees at the junction looking multiple directions for fish.

Best time here will be in a couple of months after goose and duck hunting seasons are done.

I’ve seen 20-30 in the best day, half were juveniles.

That is amazing and good to see them recover.

My go-to Eagle cam is Northeast FL where Gabrielle and Samson live. I've been watching these cams for ~ 4 years now. Gabby typically lays her eggs in December. I'm always looking for fun Eagle facts. We have a nest near us. DH and I, with my binoculars, watched the mom or dad, not sure, fly in with lunch for the eaglets. What a sight!

"An eagle is said to be able to spot a rabbit 3.2 km (~2 miles) away.[1] As the eagle descends from the sky to attack its prey, the muscles in the eyes continuously adjust the curvature of the eyeballs to maintain sharp focus and accurate perception throughout the approach and attack."

"Eagle tears "produced by the lacrimal gland and Hardarian gland" moisten the eyes and contain the chemical lysozyme which protects against salt water and also destroys bacteria, thus preventing eye infections."

Samson has been gone for almost a week. Moderators believe Gabby will lay eggs soon. I don't know what happens next. She's alone in the nest but has been visited by a rogue male eagle. He tries to help in the nest, rearranging sticks. Moderators think he's about 5-6 years old.

Port Tobacco nest update:

at 718 get a look at number 2...

Feel like a proud grandfather ;-)

Thanks for sharing. It will be a few weeks before I can get too golden eagle to see the nest. They will lay eggs about first week in April. Last year we had two very bad snowstorms (snowfall record) after egg was laid. All turned out fine. Amazing how nature works through the extremes.

Love the eagle cams. I watch NE Florida but the male Samson didn't return. Gabby, the female found a new partner after many weeks of dating. Right now he's called V3 until they confirm they're a pair. It was devastating when Samson disappeared. Volunteers and locals searched for weeks. We still don't know what happened.

WOW! Three I believe is not all that common but I could be wrong. Mom sure isn't dividing the meat equally among the three. The one in back is waiting it's turn but not getting feed.

Yes, I would be very surprised if they all live till, they can take to the air.

Thanks

It looks like mom rations pretty fairly. The eaglets are nice to each other :) so far. I can imagine the nest will be overcrowded if they all make it. I hope they do.

AF1QipP31L5LdMf1t3fePT36c3t9N2LYE7g0EYEaMZY

That time of year again.

Here's the definitive eagle cam site, thank you elfruler.com
https://www.elfruler.com/?page_id=472

Lady Hawk does a WONDERFUL job of Eagle / Royal Albatross youtube videos.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu-sAlMVwdQ8zA1-egT_GxQ/videos

I'll start another thread with some favs.... But elfruler has cams from all over North America...

Haven't seen this thread before... just chipping in that explore.org has a lot of live nature cams including eagle cams.
Only reason I know about the explore.org eagle cams is we (my wife thus I = we) watch the live cams from Katmai/Brooks Falls with coastal brown bears (grizzlies) sucking down salmon to fatten up for winter hibernation. Today is the last day of Fat Bear Week (Fat Tuesday) where a bracket of bears are voted on to determine a "winner".
Once the solar power is not longer strong enough to keep the bear cams up a lot of the people migrate over to the eagle cams for the off season.
Here is a short vid of last years 2022 Fat Bear Week champion: the 1400lb bear number 747 aka Bear Force One:

Been voting there Spock, going with 32 CHUNK ;-))))

Ha!!!
Chunk got massive this year.
I think Chunk is going to get Grazered one last time this season.
I was rooting for 806Jr Phelps... spring cub got washed down river so many times this summer I thought if that cub makes it til fall he'll be invincible.

Haven't seen this thread before... just chipping in that explore.org has a lot of live nature cams including eagle cams.
Only reason I know about the explore.org eagle cams is we (my wife thus I = we) watch the live cams from Katmai/Brooks Falls with coastal brown bears (grizzlies) sucking down salmon to fatten up for winter hibernation. Today is the last day of Fat Bear Week (Fat Tuesday) where a bracket of bears are voted on to determine a "winner".
Once the solar power is not longer strong enough to keep the bear cams up a lot of the people migrate over to the eagle cams for the off season.
Here is a short vid of last years 2022 Fat Bear Week champion: the 1400lb bear number 747 aka Bear Force One:

Wow! 747 is huge. Beautiful bear.

First Eagle egg of the year!

Elfruler' GREAT website
https://www.elfruler.com/?page_id=3025

Love the eagle cams. So fun

This is a great thread.

I remember the first time we noticed a bald eagle on the property. I was just about to jump into the shower and noticed something from the corner of my eye. Just sitting there in the tree, eating a fish. Screamed down to my family to look. We couldn't believe it. Then I noticed a second in the tree in the back yard. This had to have been 10 years ago. Since then, we have multiple sightings so common that we almost take if for granted. "oh, look, an eagle...what's for lunch."

I get excited every time I see them.

Attachments

• birds 015.jpg
    birds 015.jpg
    557 KB · Views: 2
  • birds 038.jpg
    birds 038.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20191115_142510.jpg
    20191115_142510.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 0
Yup watch that one too RI....

SWFL nest, they are getting busy there too.

Tragic. I'm not sure what is happening at NEFL Eagle's nest. The moderators are trying to keep it positive for the chats. Lots of youngsters there. But does not look good.

Back
Top Bottom