Electric scooters

Ready

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I’ve been eyeing those Segway electric scooters for over a year since they first showed up at the local Costco, and after thinking about it for the past year I placed an order for two Segway Max G30 scooters. I really wanted to buy them from Costco because of the great return policy but I wanted the model with the longest range so I went with Best Buy for the order.

The scooters look like a lot of fun to use. They have a theoretical max range of 40 miles, although most of the reviews say to expect closer to 30 miles. That gives us ample range to ride down the bike path by the beach to our favorite restaurants about 10 miles away.

DH thought I was being silly buying scooters at our age but most of my friends that have them are in their late 50’s and early 60’s and they all have a blast riding them around.

Anyone else here jumping on the e-scooter bandwagon?

What I like about scooters is they are great for the environment motor vehicles. What I think is unfortunate is it provides no health benefits for the user. An E-bike provides extra support for the user while returning a health benefit. I share this for people who may not realize the health benefits of ebikes.

I wish they made a decent 2 place scooter that was from a reliable vendor. I do not like E-Bikes as honestly, I think they look silly, I know but like cars I like ones that look good which is why I would bever buy a Prius. As far as I am concerned it is a glorified shopping cart with a motor. Until then, I am just a looker.

This is the closest I have seen to one that at least represents a proper scooter:

https://kavalaris.co/motorcycles/adult-electric-scooter-blue-2000w-kefi/

I wish they made a decent 2 place scooter that was from a reliable vendor. I do not like E-Bikes as honestly, I think they look silly, I know but like cars I like ones that look good which is why I would bever buy a Prius. As far as I am concerned it is a glorified shopping cart with a motor. Until then, I am just a looker.

This is the closest I have seen to one that at least represents a proper scooter:

https://kavalaris.co/motorcycles/adult-electric-scooter-blue-2000w-kefi/

Their 2000W motor will impress any rider it says. Top of speed of 30 MPH. Sorry, not impressed.

Could make a decent errand runner in town.

The term scooter is generic and seems to cover a lot of potential products. The one I purchased is not intended to be a junior motorcycle. It's just an adult version of the kids scooter that you ride in the bike path...mainly for fun, but I guess it could work for a reasonably short commute of 7 miles or less.

Here's a link if anyone is curious:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/segway...6-mph-max-speed-black/6393483.p?skuId=6393483

Those look similar to the scooters they rent downtown. Kind of like bike sharing. You pay by the hour and you can get around town quickly on them. They lead a hard life as a rental but for personal use, they should be fun and practical in the right environment. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Livewire.jpg
    Livewire.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 21
I built this one a few years ago.

51722535471_f4ec3c4f54_c.jpg

It's a Swifty Zero and I added the 250 watt front hub drive. Lithium battery in bag. Rated for 300 pounds and has 16 inch wheels. Top speed a nice easy 10 mph.

Back
Top Bottom