End of Life Planning

We will do the lowest cost cremation through a coop society. Not believers in expensive coffins, visitations, funeral lunches, plots, etc. Just a bag of ashes.

Once we are gone it is over. My parents could afford any funeral that they wished. They went with this basic. They felt so strongly about it that they pre-arranged both funerals with instructions that there were to be no changes. And there we not. My father's only extra request was to have a bagpiper at his funeral service. My mother specifically requested no funeral service.

Our ashes...spread them in a lake or river in the Rockies near where we live, or in the Pacific ocean. Whatever. We will not be around so our our children can do this or.....put them in a jug, and keep the box of ashes on some shelf in the basement or hidden away on a shelf in the garage.

Last edited:
If you don't want to scatter ashes then what about placing in a columbarium or in a crypt in a mausoleum. They can also be converted into glass or synthetic diamonds. Lots of options.

Cheers!

The National Cemetery we have our eyes on offers two options: conventional burial in a casket or cremated remains placed in a columbarium. Can’t bury cremains there. Although I think I favor cremation, at first I didn’t like the idea of the columbarium - too much like being stuck in a small apartment in a big apartment house. But I think I’m coming around. Although I certainly understand why people would want their cremains scattered in a meaningful location, that idea never appealed to me. Nor does the glass or diamond idea although I suppose they could make me into a nice glass Christmas tree ornament.

My husband donated his body to science. They took him and returned the cremated remains in about a month. No cost.

my sister died in 2011 and her cremation was like $675 in Gig Harbor, WA. Her ashes were put in a Harley Davidson cookie jar for an urn and my nephew eventually spread her ashes in San Francisco. I think she would have been pleased.

Back
Top Bottom