Explosion at Boston Marathon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The uncle is ripping into his nephews pretty liberally, calling them losers and declaring their actions atrocities.

Someone can be born in our culture and do what these two did: No one would accused McVeigh and Nicols of not being American.
And no one accused these bombers of not being American (you are using some loaded language here--trying to build a strawman?). McVeigh and Nichols also rejected societal values. That's the basic foundation of why we lock people up. With people who are not yet citizens we have the more expeditious and cheaper option of removing them from society without internal incarceration.
Assimilation is about accepting the values of the society, its not about whether you joined the wrestling team or went to the prom. These two people did not accept our values. Anyone who says they did will look very foolish.

And no one accused these bombers of not being American (you are using some loaded language here--trying to build a strawman?). McVeigh and Nichols also rejected societal values.
So what you're saying is that terrorists are anti-social. That I can agree with.

Apparently, these bombers were from an area of Chechnya that is known for terrorist activity. Wht Homeland Security was not aware of these guys behavior and watching their activity is a mystery. I thought we made all those surveillance laws after 911 to help identify terrorists like this........

I've heard nothing indicating that either of these boys have been to Chechnya since they were young children. Who is reporting that that would be relevant to these bombings?

Last edited:
I've heard nothing indicating that either of these boys have been to Chechnya since they were young children. Who is reporting that that would be relevant to these bombings?

What some news sources are saying are that they are from an area of Chechnya that grooms terrorists, and an FBI profiler studied their social media info and said the brothers did not "like or understand" America and Americans. Seems they did have friends in their circle, but those friends were as blindsided as we are they did what they did. That to me sounds like a covert domestic terror cell.............:nonono:

Seems they did have friends in their circle, but those friends were as blindsided as we are they did what they did. That to me sounds like a covert domestic terror cell.............:nonono:
Huh? Combined with all we know about them, it doesn't sound like a "covert domestic terror cell" at all. <shrug>

I'm glad that that's not being reported that way by any media, though. Thanks for the clarification.

Well, the older one was recently in Russia for > 6 months.

Shouldn't being out for over 6 months be a problem?

Boston Bombing Suspect Traveled to Russia Through NYC Last Year | NBC New York

Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev flew in and out of John F. Kennedy Airport last year and was out of the country for six months, and investigators said they want to know if he received any terror training while he was overseas, NBC 4 New York has learned.

Travel records obtained by NBC 4 New York show Tsarnaev left New York on Jan. 12, 2012 for Sheremetyevo, Russia. He stayed overseas and returned to JFK on July 17.

-ERD50

Interesting news. It's amazing how rapidly new news is being found and presented these days. Thanks for the update.

I'm glad that that's not being reported that way by any media, though. Thanks for the clarification.

No, the media was too busy the last 3 days after the bombing painting the terrorists as extreme right wing white Americans, like Timonthy McVeigh...way too busy to verify facts and do actual reporting...........;)

I missed the connection between the photos and video that was released yesterday, and the identification of the suspects, their address, etc.

Did some human identify the pictures and call, or was this a photo recognition match in some official database?

Ha

The suspects were found because they committed a robbery and shot a campus police officer, not because anyone recognized them.

Thanks. Not the most clever way to lie low.

Ha

The latest profiling I've heard is the older brother was very much still an old country (Chechnya), while the the younger brother appears to have been reasonably well assimilated. It wouldn't be the first time that an older brother convinced his younger brother to do something stupid and evil.

In addition, to all the other tragedies associated with event, I am going to really hate hearing the "I told you so" from the 'KGB' Putin. You just know that Putin is going to enjoy reminding the US, that they have told us for a decade that Islamist fighting in Chechnya weren't freedom fighters but terrorists.

Well, to be fair, I wonder to what extend Putin's people are to blame for driving so many Chechnyans to at least consider becoming terrorists. It doesn't excuse what the brothers did, but Putin shouldn't be so bold without getting stained with some blame himself.

The uncle is ripping into his nephews pretty liberally, calling them losers and declaring their actions atrocities.

I was just watching this a minute ago...

He said he has not seen or talked to them since late 2005.... how much can he really know:confused:

The suspects were found because they committed a robbery and shot a campus police officer, not because anyone recognized them.

The 7-11 video camera got a picture of them. Were they identified as the marathon bombers right away? Or were they being chased for the robbery before anyone knew who they were?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom