Eyeglasses- does your state have this law?

I haven't done this, but it might be cheapest just to buy an extra set of frames when you get new lenses & change them out when the frame breaks. With my gradual transition bifocal lenses, they are by far the biggest part of the cost & have been more resistant to breakage than frames.

Since the frame arm is already broken, I would try in order to satisfy my self sufficient frugal nature (cheap nature to some):

1) go to small old fashioned eyeglass place, not a chain, and see if they know how to fix it (repair or order an arm for it).
2) super glue it together, after cleaning it with rubbing alcohol.
3) buy a frame that closely matches just to take off the arm and use on your glasses.
4) buy a replacement frame, which could be hard to find, but would be perfect solution. (old receipt may say frame type, or on frame itself)
5) order new glasses online or at a store

Everywhere I've ever lived, the law was that the prescription could only be filled if it was less than two years old.

What I always did was to scan the original prescription into a pdf file, alter the date, then print it (cutting to the original size). Nobody ever questioned it, since it appeared to be an original.

:D

Guilty of this same subterfuge. :)
I had a 3 year old Rx and altered the date before I faxed it to Walmart for my last pair of eyeglasses. My prescription hasn't changed in 15 years and I needed the new glasses ASAP, as my others had broken.

I just had to renew my drivers license in WA and for the first time I didn't have to go to DOL. I could renew online and just say my eyes are OK. Couldn't beleive my luck. I could well imagine they want to have laws about prescriptions to force people to be current. Still costs $50+ to get the license of course.
Good for me because I have this eye tracking problem that means it was hard for me to pass one of the tests (the split vision thingie they had)! Of course the doctors say I am fine to drive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom