Favorite Podcasts

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
I have a head cold, so I have been catching up on podcasts today. Your favorites?

From AltNPR: What would Rob do? This is a weekly program of about 7 minutes where Rob, a young guy, gives common sense advise on any number of things. This week it was what to do if a toilet clogs when you are a house guest.

NPR: NPR has the full version of their weekly hour long programs This American Life (from Chicago) and A Way with Words (from San Diego). This American Life has a collection of odd real life stories, often narrated by the participant. I love the show, but my spouse hates it, so it is a matter of taste. A Way with Words is about etymology and well as grammar. Fun and interesting show, believe it or not.

I am this American Life fan, listen to it while doing walks. I also like Wait Wait don't tell me.

I listen to these podcasts:
Fitness Rocks with Dr. Monty
NPR Business Story of the Day
NPR Story of the Day
The Onion Radio News
Dave Ramsey Show
On the Money with Steve Pomeranz
The Money Guy Brian Preston
Wall Street Journal Your Money Matters
Wall Street Journal What's News
Wall Street Journal Report
Wall Street Journal Life and Family
Lonely Planet
Discovery Channel
60 Minutes

I have a 45 minute commute!

There are the Vanguard podcasts of course...

Rachel, I like his Georgia accent. He has the charming colloquial way of saying "antidote" instead of anecdote. I laugh every time because he has no idea he's saying it wrong. LOL! Since we here in SC have perfect diction, after all!

I forgot to add the Fidelity and Vanguard podcasts, plus Kiplingers, which is sometimes pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom