Financial Personality Types

FIREd_2015

Recycles dryer sheets
There is an interesting article in the Financial Times - Six financial personality types — which one are you? After reading the article I thought I was a hoarder but the results of the online test said I was a Fitbit Financier. I'm going to stick my neck out and predict that most people on this forum are either Fitbit Financiers or Hoarders. Here's the link to the article:

https://www.ft.com/content/5e8da24c-bb09-11e6-8b45-b8b81dd5d080

The test was inconclusive....no, hold on, it was me that was inconclusive.....and that's the end of it, or not...

Fitbit, but according to the guidance provided I need to find a good FA.

I'm a hoarder.

I came out a hoarder with a fitbit a close second.

Not sure why the article insists we are each one of these six personalities, then explains what is wrong with us for being one of those things. Personal finance is one of my relative strengths and I feel good about what I've accomplished. I wonder, in what condition is the author's finances?

Last edited:
Hoarder. Nothing else was even close.This was not a surprise.

Attachments

• Hoarder.jpg
    Hoarder.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 55
Not sure why the article insists we are each one of these three personalities, then explains what is wrong with us for being one of those things. Personal finance is one of my relative strengths and I feel good about what I've accomplished. I wonder, in what condition are the author's finances?
I thought the article said 6 personality types, the OP may have said 3.
Like most things that are studies, people try to categorize and sort things to try to get some common and different characteristics. In reality there is likely a continuum of variation. Don't let it get to you.

I got Anxious Investor, which does not reflect my behaviour at all. I had expected to be a Hoarder.

Hoarder.

And I got rid of all those old clothes when we downsized!

Fitbit. Not surprised...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Hoarder. No doubts in my mind about that result. But someday, I will open the floodgates and be a cash splasher. Maybe.

Fitbit Financier for me.

Hoarder - which was not surprising from reading the description. And second was fitbit.

Hoarder, with Fitbit a very close second.

No surprise.

Back
Top Bottom