First pension check has hit my account!

Boose

Recycles dryer sheets
:dance::dance::dance: When I retired a year ago, I thought I was as excited as I'd ever be about leaving work. But starting my county pension is equally amazing - a tangible reward for years of customer service, Tuesday-through-Saturday shifts, training and managing and mentoring employees. My modest pay wasn't compensation enough for those days when I had to call police or EMS to deal with an out-of-control customer. But getting paid now - and knowing that I don't have to go back to work - this is gold! :clap:

Good for you. I remember being excited when I got my first pension check, too. It is still a nice feeling getting those deposit slips in the mail every month.

I can relate... Got my 1st check last Friday, direct deposit from now until we both are gone. You want modest pay.... should have been one of the Medics or Officers.. LOL

:dance::dance::dance: When I retired a year ago, I thought I was as excited as I'd ever be about leaving work. But starting my county pension is equally amazing - a tangible reward for years of customer service, Tuesday-through-Saturday shifts, training and managing and mentoring employees. My modest pay wasn't compensation enough for those days when I had to call police or EMS to deal with an out-of-control customer. But getting paid now - and knowing that I don't have to go back to work - this is gold! :clap:
You must be excited. You are up after midnight posting. :) I'm in NH as well and can't stay up that late especially during winter. :LOL:

Congratulations on the great feeling of money showing up in your account each month without having to work for it!

Congrats! I remember getting a similar feeling when my first pension check came in, and I still feel it every month - "all this for doing absolutely nothing?? I need to pinch myself!" :)

Congrats, I can feel your excitement. While I have been receiving my pension, my first SS check is just a couple weeks away. I feel like I should celebrate with aged bourbon.

DH has been getting a pension since he retired June 2010. I still get that feeling on the first of the month. SECURE income feels very nice. And he really earned it.

I will continue to get 100% of the pension if he should die before me. That's a very secure look at the future.

Even after eight years I still smile and am incredibly thankful when my pension deposit shows up each month.

Even after eight years I still smile and am incredibly thankful when my pension deposit shows up each month.

Same here. Makes up for the lesser paycheck while working for the government.

The novelty of it has worn off a bit by now (in July it'll be 20 years) but I still sort of marvel at the idea of "all I have to do is keep a pulse and they send me money every month!" Is that cool or what?

My modest pay wasn't compensation enough for those days when I had to call police or EMS to deal with an out-of-control customer.

Thank you for giving me 32 years of a guaranteed job security!

I refer to it being "Paid to Stay Away !!"

... and yeah, I earned it...it's my deferred compensation

You want modest pay.... should have been one of the Medics or Officers.. LOL

You all were paid WAY too little! Still remember the "new guy" from the fire department who given the responsibility of wiping down the chair where the customer with body lice had been sitting! :sick: Enjoy every check!

Congrats! I remember getting a similar feeling when my first pension check came in, and I still feel it every month - "all this for doing absolutely nothing?? I need to pinch myself!" :)

Sometimes I have that same thought. But then I think, "I got an education and worked really hard for a very long time to earn that pension. It certainly isn't for doing nothing!" If you didn't do the work, you wouldn't be receiving it now. :cool:

Woo Hoo!! So happy for you - what a feeling!

An even better feeling is when you get a raise (COLA) for not going to work… and sometimes a special additional COLA increase, like I get this year!!

I showed my DW (who is still w*rking) my monthly statement and told her I worked hard last year and
earned a raise! :cool:

Congrats. I hope you continue to enjoy looking at your statement with a smile. I can't help but look at my account each month to check out the deposit and calculate how it effects our lives in such a positive way. We have a close friend that recently starting getting her pension, and her first reaction was one of guilt that she was not w*rking to receive the deposit in her account. While I understand her relationship with 'work = salary', we hope she will start to enjoy the fruits of her decades of labor and embrace her future in retirement.

Back
Top Bottom