For old-timers on ER.org

MissMolly

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Look what was on the lock screen of my Kindle today. I miss TromboneAl.

Attachments

• al.jpg
    al.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 982
Al hasn't been gone "that" long. :) Maybe he will return, he was a good member, IMO. Of course some have passed away and some just moved on. I've also noticed a few that have dropped out for a ~year or more only to return.

Last edited:
X2 he has not been gone that long. Or I am getting forgetful and it has been longer than I thought?

He's been gone for 3 years. That seems like a pretty long break to me.

Al has been gone for over 3 years.

3 years! Sure doesn't seem that long.

EDIT: Yep, looked it up, he's been gone from here since 8/6/2020

Last edited:
Al will probably stop by again sooner or later.

At one point, a year or so ago, I went to look to see if he had any recent books, and there was a gap. So - this update is good news.

Not that I have been here a long time, but I do miss and the ones here before me. I remember a lot of the ones here when I joined, and a lot have gone.

For me it is kind of sad, but people come here and gone and is a normal thing what I have seen.

I too miss members from the past. I don't post much, but I've been here 19 years. I came here from Intercst's Retire Early board on the Motley Fool.

Al has 26 titles on Amazon, so I would be surprised if he has any time left over to show up on forums.

I find I often depart a board when its user interface changes significantly, which too often is for the worse. A board is like a neighborhood. You move into a neighborhood because you like the way it is, which means pretty much any alteration is bad.

I find I often depart a board when its user interface changes significantly, which too often is for the worse. A board is like a neighborhood. You move into a neighborhood because you like the way it is, which means pretty much any alteration is bad.
Yes, that can be very irritating. My financial institutions (banks/CC's/broker) and service providers (water/electric/phone/etc) all seem to change theirs at least once a year. Unfortunately, I can't leave them so easily. :)

Last edited:
Not that I have been here a long time, but I do miss and the ones here before me. I remember a lot of the ones here when I joined, and a lot have gone.

For me it is kind of sad, but people come here and gone and is a normal thing what I have seen.

I miss HaHa. He always had some pithy comments to make.

I miss HaHa. He always had some pithy comments to make.

+1.

Group interactions often confuse me. If a particular character is popular, I often find myself genuinely perplexed as to why. Haha was a standout personality for me though. He had the gifts of wit and brevity, two things that often elude me in my own writing!

There's several that I miss. Can't recall all their names at the moment. :(

Probably took Al a while to get enough info on the Abducted Heiress to write the story.

I jumped into the middle of this thread, and I was thinking "Someone's using AI (artificial Intelligence) to write a book?".

Then it clicked, Trombone Al, not AI.

Whoah, that font really doesn't clearly distinguish a lower case "l" from an Upper case "I"!

lllllllllllllllll < "ells"
IIIIIIIIIIIIII < "Eyes"

lIlIlIlIlI < "Ell, Eye"

llllllll IIIIIIII llllllll IIIIIIII "Ell, group Eye group"

-ERD50

There's several that I miss. Can't recall all their names at the moment. :(
TromboneAl. Remember Dory36, Cute Fuzzy Bunny, Nords, Janet H, Martha, Rich by the Bay among others? The only old hands I still see regularly are REW and W2R.

Fortunately there have been quite a few valuable new members and mods who still post frequently. I look forward to their posts. Probably as it should be - how many times can we debate many of the same topics?

I miss Trombone Al, HaHa, Senator , RobbieB, and others. Never know why they leave, always hope for the best for those we don't hear from.

Was Trombone Al the one who made those wonderful holiday greetings?

Back
Top Bottom