Greatest love songs ever

How about another rendition of Besame Mucho, with the sensual sound of the saxophone and a seductive voice?

It is at night that I enjoy this kind of music, while contemplating the meaning of life.

How about another rendition of Besame Mucho, with the sensual sound of the saxophone and a seductive voice?

It is at night that I enjoy this kind of music, while contemplating the meaning of life.

WOW!
Beautifully done but I don't believe I would ever crank that song up and listen to it.

I think some of the best love songs come from country western signers. The ones you need to put on your boots and hat and get up and dance. Lol

Fleetwood Mac always closed their concerts with this song (at least the version of FM after Rumors). Classic simple love song. I love the line near the end;

I wish you all the love in the world, but most of all, I wish it from myself.

^^^^^^^

Fleetwood Mac always closed their concerts with this song (at least the version of FM after Rumors). Classic simple love song. I love the line near the end;

I wish you all the love in the world, but most of all, I wish it from myself.

Oh, yeah! Gotta be my favorite F-M song.

Christine Perfect - how aptly named.

WOW!
Beautifully done but I don't believe I would ever crank that song up and listen to it.

I think some of the best love songs come from country western signers. The ones you need to put on your boots and hat and get up and dance. Lol

Besame Mucho is a world-renowned song, and written in 1940 by Mexican concert pianist and song writer Consuelo Velázquez Torres when she was only 15.

I used to listen to a saxophone rendition of this on the radio when I was in my early teen, and did not know the origin of this song.

As an aside, I have always been interested in "Songs considered love songs that according to the group are really not" :).

Two that come to mind:
- "Every Breath You Take" by the Police. People would describe it as a love song, play it at weddings, etc. But Sting said that it was not a love song, it was about someone stalking someone.

- "Reasons" By Earth, Wind, and Fire. A popular "slow jam" at parties and weddings. But EWF said that the song is actually about a one night stand, and the singer is trying to figure out the "reasons" he should hang around after it is over, and ultimately cannot find any.

So... listen to song lyrics VERY closely. :)

Last edited:
As an aside, I have always been interested in "Songs considered love songs that according to the group are really not" :).

Two that come to mind:
- "Every Breath You Take" by the Police. People would describe it as a love song, play it at weddings, etc. But Sting said that it was not a love song, it was about someone stalking someone.

- "Reasons" By Earth, Wind, and Fire. A popular "slow jam" at parties and weddings. But EWF said that the song is actually about a one night stand, and the singer is trying to figure out the "reasons" he should hang around after it is over, and ultimately cannot find any.

Heh, heh, while we're aside, I love the song "Arms Of An Angel" by Sarah McLachlan. The song is often played at funerals and it IS a beautiful song. But if you check the words, the song is likely describing someone in the depths of heroin addiction. A more explicit treatment of the same subject is presented by The Black Crowes in the song "She Talks To Angels".

Returning you now as YMMV....

We saw the Everly Brothers when we went to a Simon & Garfunkel reunion concert in Atlantic City. The Everly Brothers stole the show. They were amazing.

I saw the same concert, but at MSG if memory serves me. Yeah, the Everly Brothers were great.

Besame Mucho is a world-renowned song, and written in 1940 by Mexican concert pianist and song writer Consuelo Velázquez Torres when she was only 15.

I used to listen to a saxophone rendition of this on the radio when I was in my early teen, and did not know the origin of this song.

That explains why it sounded familiar to me as well from long ago.. guess I heard it when young.

Two that come to mind:

I think the following is a love song, sung in French by an American.

Two that come to mind:

:)
"Don't Leave Home" by Dido. It's really about drug addiction.

I think the following is a love song, sung in French by an American.

I forgot to say, when the video is watched in YouTube instead of being embedded, you can turn on the English caption.

"Careless Whisper" is a song by George Michael, who died of an illness early at the age of 53. His presentation is below.

I often hear this song as an instrumental piece. So many musicians cover this song. Following are a couple.

Can the world ever have too much love?

Here's another love song, Adamo Mio (My Beloved), sung by Storm Large, a singer of the band Pink Martini. The main singer of this band was China Forbes, but she was out for a few years due to some health problems.

By the way, it was Cuppa Joe who introduced us to this band in a post several years ago.

I just discovered Lisa Ono, a Brazilian-Japanese bossa nova singer.

¿Quién Será?
¿Quién será la que me quiera a mí?
¿Quién será? ¿quién será?
¿Quién será la que me dé su amor?
¿Quién será? ¿quién será?

Who will be?
Who will be the one who would love me?
Who will be? Who will be?
Who will be the one who would give me her love?
Who will be? Who will be?

But, seriously:

This song was big all over Europe when I was there in 1964. The song was giving the Beatles a good run for the money.

Here is Gigliola Cinquetti singing a much more grown up love song (penned by Cat Stevens.)

A beautiful voice singing a beautiful (but dark) love song.

One oldie from Mr deep voice, Barry White:

Heatwave was better known for their funk/disco songs, but this ballard is a classic love song, in my view.

Back
Top Bottom