Happy 20th Anniversary to Early-Retirement.org!

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Shortly after noon on June 23, 2002, FIRECalc developer Dory 36 posted the very first message on E-R.org: Retirement Afloat. Note that this initial message was a lifestyle post, with no mention of FIRECalc, asset allocation, safe withdrawal rates or anything related to finances.

Twenty years, 37,000 members and 2.5 million posts later, it's time to celebrate, so raise a glass of your favorite adult beverage and and say Congratulations!

Thank you to Dory 36 and to all those who helped make this forum successful and keep it going strong.

<elevates cup of coffee> Cheers!

Happy 20th Anniversary ER!!! Thanks for all the knowledge and friendships it has brought me.

This is a great site.

Thank you for the very interesting discussion!

Happy anniversary! Thank you to everyone who takes time to start threads, answer questions, and share their experiences, perspectives, and insights.

Shortly after noon on June 23, 2002, FIRECalc developer Dory 36 posted the very first message on E-R.org: Retirement Afloat. Note that this initial message was a lifestyle post, with no mention of FIRECalc, asset allocation, safe withdrawal rates or anything related to finances.

Twenty years, 37,000 members and 2.5 million posts later, it's time to celebrate, so raise a glass of your favorite adult beverage and and say Congratulations!

Thank you to Dory 36 and to all those who helped make this forum successful and keep it going strong.

<elevates cup of coffee> Cheers!
Thanks for the timely reminder and congratulations to Dory,myou and all the other founding members.

Thanks for letting us know. I checked and I have been a member since 2007 - 15 years!

I have learned so much here.

Happy Anniversary ER and thanks to all the folks who have helped along the way.

Cheers!

Happy Aniversary! Many thanks to Dory who chimes in every so often. Firecalc has helped all of us and so has this forum.

WOW! What a great gift this site is to all the regular folks who need a way to learn to to manage their assets. Dory 36 may well be the John Bogle of the internet.

Thank you, Dory and all the helpful ER forum members. And a special thank you to the mods who keep this site so civil and focused.

I wish I could remember how long I lurked before joining.

I have been a grateful member of early-retirement.org for over 12 years. Thank you for all of the support, guidance and encouragement along the way.

Thanks for the history, REWahoo! For me, this site was instrumental in helping me get over my hesitancy to ER. Thanks to all of our members for keeping this a friendly and helpful corner of the interwebs!

Do we have stickers for the 20th? Fatwallet.com (RIP) had stickers for their 10th anniversary, and they sent them out to a lot of the users there.

Wow! 20 years, amazing!!

I am 3 years in to retirement and much of the credit goes to what I have learned here.

Far and away the best and most well run forum on the interweb.

Absolutely the best forum I have participated in.
Many thanks to Dory 36 and the many Administrators and Moderators over the years who keep this website and forum going strong.

It's a nice place to be.

My how time flies. Anyone have any updates on Dory's exploits?

This is a very helpful site with so much financial wisdom. A great place to bounce ideas and discuss topics that are difficult to discuss with anyone anywhere else. I’m grateful to have found this site 13 years ago. It has advanced my financial wisdom in such practical and helpful ways.

Thanks Dory, REW, and so many others.

Thanks Dory for starting this forum & developing FireCalc. And to the admins, moderators & users who have maintained a very civil and encouraging atmosphere here.

I don't think I would have ER'd when I did without the information I learned on this forum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom