Happy Father's Day...

bbbamI

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
to all the 'doodads' out there. :flowers:

A pic of my daddy and me. Please excuse the quality of the pic..it is over 55 years old. :)

Attachments

• daddyandme.jpg
    daddyandme.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 30
Really nice, bbb. And what a little cutie you already were!
Thank you. :flowers: Sure wish I still had that black curly hair. ..sigh..

We'll be going to dad's house next month to do some cleaning and painting to spruce up the place a bit. Gotta 'repay' all the feedings and burpings don't ya know. :)

Happy Father's Day to all our forum dads. Hope you had a wonderful day!

bbbamI,

Thank you for sharing the photo. It is a great one and shares such sweetness.

Thanks for sharing the picture. I miss my Father everyday. We are so similar in so many ways.

At church this past Sunday, instead of the normal sermon, a group of men from the church men's group talked about their fathers and what they meant to them. There were the expected encomiums, which were heartfelt and touching. But what struck me was the number of men who chose to speak about their father-in-law or some other older man in their life. Some were upfront about the situation -- "My father chose not to be a part of my life, so ..." Others were not as forthcoming, but it was implied.

What I really took away from the speeches is the great and abiding hunger that we all have, as boys and young men, for someone who will guide us along the path, showing us how to avoid the roadblocks and snares along the way, and helping us to know what is valuable and true. In short, we long for someone who will teach how us how to be a good man. And if we don't get that guidance from our own fathers, we turn to those who might help us in his place. Sometimes we are fortunate to find such a man, and, sadly, sometimes not. But the need is always there.

And so, for all those fathers who stood up and taught their sons, and for all those men who stood in for the ones who could not or would not, I salute you. The world is a better place for your efforts.

Back
Top Bottom