Have you been to Port St. Joe, FL area?

ohyes

Full time employment: Posting here.
I want to plan a short celebratory trip to the coast. DH and I both love the beach. Looking at FL panhandle, because that would be a one-day drive. We would depart two days after my last day of work.:D

Port St. Joe looks like a good possibility- quaint and quiet. We definitely want a beach.

Any suggestions for a destination and hotel or B & B? Not wanting to do Destin/Panama City area this time.

Thanks,
oh yes

I also liked Appalachicola and St. George Island. Never liked the looks of Port St Joe or it's beaches. My favorite panhandle beach is Blue Mountain Beach between Destin and Panama City.

Thanks so much, both of you. A mom at my school had stayed in Appalachicola. She recommended it highly and thought i should check out Port St. Joe. DH and i are visiting The Villages in Sept. On the way back, we will visit this area; i'll start looking at options. Very much appreciate your input.

and.....the beauty of retirement (4 more days)--in September the rates are lower.

Thanks, AzDreamer. Grayton Beach looks like a very nice place. I will investigate more.

DH and i are spending four days doing the preview plan at The Villages this month. We wanted to spend a couple days on the beach as we headed back to Arkansas.

Yesterday, a Living Social Escapes deal caught my attention-- half off two nights at the Cape San Blas Inn near Port St. Joe. The Tripadvisor reviews are very positive. A room has been booked and we are ready.

One of those happy happenstance things :)

ohyes said:
DH and i are spending four days doing the preview plan at The Villages this month. We wanted to spend a couple days on the beach as we headed back to Arkansas.

Yesterday, a Living Social Escapes deal caught my attention-- half off two nights at the Cape San Blas Inn near Port St. Joe. The Tripadvisor reviews are very positive. A room has been booked and we are ready.

One of those happy happenstance things :)

Would love to hear about your Villages experience. We're thinking about doing a lifestyle visit early next year as well.

Been there many times.
No golf courses.
No crowded boardwalks.
Good fishing in the canal B/T Port St Joe and the intercoastal waterway.
Be prepared to entertain yourself and enjoy the company of family/friends.
Eat at the Indian Pass Raw Bar.

plan to post on Villages trip - maybe i can get some good photos included.

The St. Joe inn has canoes and kayaks, which i hope we use...and some beach time. The no-busy-stuff sounds wonderful to me, though DH and I aren't really needing to escape any stress, lol.....well, except for the very recent painful breakup of 28 yo beautiful daughter with guy we were afraid she might marry. We are sad she is sad, but, then again...:dance:

I am very much looking forward to this get-away. Had hoped to take it immediately after retirement, but we decided to wait. You have to book The Villages preview three months out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom