How are my Rate of Return in my Roth IRA?

I know I have gotten advice before to switch to Vanguard before.

Is it really possible to transition to VTSAX at Vanguard Roth IRA from EJ without fees?

......I still have not gotten any comparison to the index market vs the MF I am invested in.

Don't know why you say that. I provided exactly that comparison in my 4/30 post. Others have provided their input as well.

I see you asking lots of questions witiout seeming to put in the effort to understand the answers or doing any research on your own. I think I will therefore bow out of this discussion. Good luck to you.

I know I have gotten advice before to switch to Vanguard before.

Is it really possible to transition to VTSAX at Vanguard Roth IRA from EJ without fees?
You can call Vanguard and they'll move the money for free. Jones will charge you various account closure fees, they're in the TOS.

You can call Vanguard and they'll move the money for free. Jones will charge you various account closure fees, they're in the TOS.

I have multiple funds in the Roth at EJ. Does this mean all the funds will be sold and then bought at Vanguard? Won’t I lose value by selling and buying again?

On average you're losing a minimum of 2% average return in fees to the advisor and fund companies over longer periods of time.

If you do decide to move your investments, then the new company should be able to provide a complete analysis of what you must sell, what can be transferred, and the impact of fees.

The new company (Fidelity, Schwab or Vanguard) will charge nothing to accept your money. The prior company always charges fees when you leave, and that is listed in your agreement with them.

I invested in random days throughout the year so it was not on first of January for those years.

Appreciate your assistance.

You mean I could have had almost $20K more in my Roth IRA if I invested only in VTSAX from 2007 compare to the funds that I listed that I am invested in now? Taking into the account the Front load/ER fees for EJ.
It's hard to know whether or not you would have had more without knowing the days that you invested. If you want to you could go out to the portfolio visualizer website using the links that I provided in the prior post and at the very top select month by month and then select the month that you invested but that's as fine as that tool can get.

The issue is say I want to buy VTSAX then I may not get to buy as many shares I have now overall with EJ?

Should I exit EJ and go to Vanguard?

OP, I suggest you spend some time studying investing concepts. Whether you stay with EJ or move to Vanguard, there is some basic investing knowledge you need going forward. I would recommend William Bernstein's book, "The Four Pillars of Investing". Used hardback copies start at $4. After reading the book, you will know the answer to your question.

It depends on your desired target AA and what other holdings you have.

If the holdings that you have at EJ are all domestic equities then VTSAX wouldn't be a bad place to start.

Then if international equities are part of your target AA and you don't have enough from other holdings you could add in some VTIAX.

It sounds like a target date fund at Vanguard would be a really good answer here, where the fund increases the bond allocation as OP nears retirement and automatically rebalances to keep the risk on target. That way OP can focus on life and let the money take care of itself.

Back
Top Bottom