How Do You Stop Thinking About The Market?

Was off boondocking, missed some of the financial hoopla. In a few days head out to boondocks again, take only weather radio and CD player (the music kind).
smiley.gif

By the time I get back it will either be a fixed market or dead market. Either way is fine.

I also live in LA. The traffic.....the worst in the country?

Sometimes I'll look at random pictures on sites like Flickr, just to see what "no traffic" is like. I don't think anyone living here realizes how abnormal it is.

Sad, but flickr is my window to the world..."my god, no traffic on that street!" And 95% of the country is like that.

The last 6 or 8 weekends, I've been escaping to the promenade. Free parking for 2 hours, and you're somewhat insulated from the traffic (although sm traffic has turned horrible in the last 5-8 years). And Marina Del Rey is great.

LA traffic use to be "reasonable" not that long ago, 10-12 years ago it started getting bad. But it was nothing like it is now.

Clif and I are on similar tracks. I've spent some time with Gears of War and Call To Action 3 on the xbox 360. Turns out that shooting people in the face is a wonderful way to relax after a rough day in the markets.

Turns out Dick was onto something there...

I also live in LA. The traffic.....the worst in the country?
Sad, but flickr is my window to the world..."my god, no traffic on that street!" And 95% of the country is like that.
here ya go - this pic was taken yesterday at 4 PM on main road between 2 medium size cities in upstate NY.
I will actually see a horse and buggy in some of our smaller towns where Amish farmers have settled. we actually have street signs with the horse/buggy silhouette to warn auto drivers to slow it down. Very cool!

Attachments

• P9300015.jpg
    P9300015.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 1
Not viewing these boards is a start. Its the topic of the year though :)

Worrying serves no purpose. Watching the market doesn't help your portfolio. We've read enough that what does go up is expected to go down even faster, and we allocated accordingly. We're just grateful for what we do have, although it is less than our last review. We have the requisite skills and lack of overhead to survive frugally for a long time, so we have enough money for us. What we find enjoyable is seldom based on big spending, so our future looks good regardless of our returns. Go to some quiet, scenic area and rent for a while. City life just doesn't suit us now.

Don't feel bad I'm the same way.

Not so much with the markets but with other things in life.

Like a lost loved one or some conflict in friends or family.

It's something I wish I could change also. I just can't seem to turn off a train of thought if something is on my mind. If I work sometimes it just makes me think about it more.

I guess just being around people that you like can help more than anything.

So I don;t know the answer but I know the feeling!

Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom