How to : Jump to unread portion of a thread?

WoodSpinner

Confused about dryer sheets
Pardon, new member question.....

There are some threads I revisit daily to see what others are saying. Is there any way to jump into the thread and start with the posts I haven’t read?

For some threads it’s combersome to start at the top and navigate down to the new material.

Thanks

WoodSpinner

What I do is set a browser bookmark for http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/search.php?do=getnew, which is the same as clicking on "New Posts". This gives threads that have been updated since my last session. Then on the threads I'm interested in, I click on
firstnew.gif
, which takes me to the first post in the thread I haven't read. I'm pretty certain that requires you be logged in while reading threads.

Hmm. Whenever I re-open a thread I've previously accessed, the newest entry comes up automatically. Maybe a forum moderator can help you?

Edited to add: Thanks, RunningBum. I'm always logged in to the forum, so that's why I automatically go to the new posts.

Last edited:
Hmm. Whenever I re-open a thread I've previously accessed, the newest entry comes up automatically. Maybe a forum moderator can help you?

Edited to add: Thanks, RunningBum. I'm always logged in to the forum, so that's why I automatically go to the new posts.
I use the android app it goes to the unread posts. I do stay logged in also.

I always view the forum in a browser (usually Firefox) on my laptop. If I click on the thread title, it always takes me to post 1. I have to click on that
firstnew.gif
to get me to the first unread post. That's fine with me. I use "Linear mode" to view threads, btw. Those of you who are taken to the unread posts just clicking on a thread, I wonder if you are on a different browser or platform, or using a different viewing mode.

I always view the forum in a browser (usually Firefox) on my laptop. If I click on the thread title, it always takes me to post 1. I have to click on that
firstnew.gif
to get me to the first unread post. That's fine with me. I use "Linear mode" to view threads, btw. Those of you who are taken to the unread posts just clicking on a thread, I wonder if you are on a different browser or platform, or using a different viewing mode.
I use Firefox, on both Windows 10 and MacOS laptops and a Win10 tablet, and use the "Portal" link to skim new and recently updated threads to which I'm not subscribed. When I click on the thread title on the Portal, it always takes me to the first unread post. (Obviously, I'm always logged in to the Forums on my usual devices.)

Back
Top Bottom