I have COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made it clear I was going to let it go. Did you read my last post? No matter. If my contributions aren't considered of much value here, I can stop posting. Sorry, but I'm feeling a bit stung right now. :(

Don't worry about it, I posted the same comment as you about who knows what is was and people just roll on as usual ..I think the entire issue is the thread title..which probably should have said I think I have COVID...

between 90 to 95% of the people with symptoms who test in this state are negative for COVId anyway....I'm sure more of a few of them told people they knew they had COVID when they did not have it...

Throwing in the tidbit about people doubting positive tests results has no bearing on anything...it's pretty black and white that if testing is the standard and you couldn't get a test,, no one knows what you had.

As of 4 PM yesterday, there were 3,639,623 tests performed in the United States that were negative. I'd guess that quite a few of these were for people who thought they had the virus. Of the 4.6 million tests, 18.51% have been positive.

Side note: Yesterday there was a big uptick in the number of tests performed. We have been running about 1.1 million tests/week = 157K/day. Yesterday the # tests for the day jumped by 311K. Now one day does not make a trend (perhaps just reporting quirks), but it is a good sign testing capacity AND test implementation might be rising.

The problem the OP is having and the problem with this thread is that the OP cannot get tested. She tried but she was turned away. How crazy is that? The lack of testing is a big part of the reason the have so much uncertainty and many people like myself are anxious. I don't understand why someone with symptoms cannot get tested in this country. We were totally unprepared for this and it does not seem to me the testing problem has been solved.

The problem the OP is having and the problem with this thread is that the OP cannot get tested. She tried but she was turned away. How crazy is that? The lack of testing is a big part of the reason the have so much uncertainty and many people like myself are anxious. I don't understand why someone with symptoms cannot get tested in this country. We were totally unprepared for this and it does not seem to me the testing problem has been solved.

Even number of tests positive can be misleading our state was running around 5 to 6% positives pretty much the entire time. An outbreak happened at the pork plant in Worthington. They are rightly concentrating the testing in that area plant workers and families ..net result our positives are running around 10% for the last 3 days because of one outbreak in one area...the remainder of the state continues to run at the 5 to 6% mark.

Here in CA it varies widely by your county. San Diego - and the county the OP lives in, both have very strict requirements for testing. Local paper did a piece in their morning roundup about how San Diego is not testing to capacity. Large hospital system (Sharp) said they have a lot more capacity but are following county guidelines of only testing at-risk and high symptom people.
A spokesman for Sharp HealthCare, for example, said Sharp’s hospitals could perform 950 tests per day, but are not because they’re following the county’s guidelines to only test the most ill or at-risk patients.
(Voiceofsandiego.com)

LA county is testing pretty much anyone.

There are private docs who claim they will test anyone... but there have been exposes that some of the tests being used might be less accurate than the more mainstream tests through the healthcare system.

Our governor wants to ramp up testing, but that message has not translated to more testing in every county. Hopefully San Diego and Ventura county will change their guidelines soon.

I hypothesize that just living in a state that has a Trader Joes is a major risk factor for Covid-19.

“There are currently 465 locations of Trader Joe's in the U.S., with more opening all the time, and there are only eight states with no Trader Joe's in them: Alaska, Arkansas, Hawaii, Mississippi, Montana, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming.Aug 18, 2017”

Just looking at the map of states where Covid-19 is the lowest, and comparing that to the states where there is no Trader Joe’s store, this seems obvious to me. It seems far safer to live in a state that does not have a Trader Joes (even though I would personally love to have one!), than to live in a state that has one or more. If there were one where I live, I would almost certainly have gotten it by now.

But so far, I seem to be the only one who has figured this out. And no independent, scientific, peer reviewed trial has yet been conducted.

Amid all the conjecture about the corona virus, I enjoyed this post. My best laugh of the day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom